Friday, April 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Ultimate Miles Morales Spider-Man #1 (spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:06 am

Origin story on how the kid got his powers, nothing much really happened besides that. Bendis REALLY set this up for a decompressed opening arc unlike Hickman's other two books where a ton of shit happened.

Sarah Pichelli's art is nice. No problem there and she made the decompressed story pretty to look at.

Oh yeah, it isn't outright stated but I'm 99% sure that Ultimate Deadpool is now black and is also Miles' uncle. which honestly surprised me a lot more than Black Spider-Man :deadpool

As for a 12yr old kid whose current big drama includes going to an elite high school carrying the role of Spider-Man....not sold on it yet. maybe now that he has powers that'll change.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:21 am

Makes sense, Peter Parker didn't become Spider-Man until like #5 in the original run.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:11 am

Punchy wrote:Makes sense, Peter Parker didn't become Spider-Man until like #5 in the original run.

I thought it was issue 7 or 8.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:10 am

I trust bendis but there is a long way to go before I'm sold on this premise.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:33 am

How did he get his powers?

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:05 am

Norman Osborn was trying to recreate the spiders that gave Peter Parker his powers before SHIELD arrested him. Deadpool stole a bunch of stuff from (I think) one of Osborn's houses/labs and the spider stowed away in his bag.

Miles visits his uncle, who has the same bag in his apartment full of the loot (why I think he's the new Deadpool)...the spider comes out and bites Miles.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:36 am

Much more buzz about the new crop of DC #1s this week. Ouch.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:10 am

Another spider bite?

I was hoping for something different.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:31 am

BRBKanoosh wrote:Another spider bite?

I was hoping for something different.

Spider Totem?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:33 am

Mike Mercury wrote:Much more buzz about the new crop of DC #1s this week. Ouch.

'Buzz'

What does buzz count for?

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:33 am

Punchy wrote:
'Buzz'

What does buzz count for?

Money.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:37 am

Mike Mercury wrote:
Money.

Does it now? And where are you seeing this buzz?

As far as I can see none of this week's DC #1s have threads on here yet, but USM does. Based on this I'm claiming that this book has way more buzz than DC's books :P

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:44 am

Punchy wrote:
Does it now? And where are you seeing this buzz?

As far as I can see none of this week's DC #1s have threads on here yet, but USM does. Based on this I'm claiming that this book has way more buzz than DC's books :P

That would be telling. You can be as skeptical as you want, there's a reason why I buy what I buy to resell more than read--and I am tracking these things up to the minute the shops open here and afterward.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:47 am

Chesscub wrote:
Spider Totem?

Sure, just something different.

Make him a mutant. Make him not have powers and be like Kick-Ass is just a fan of Superheroes, in thus case Spidey, and does what he cab to honour his legacy.

A teen getting bite by another radioactive spider is kinda a cop out, IMO.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:52 am

wait so black spidey got his powers because his uncle stole the spider? (yes i know on accident). boy nothing like feeding stereotypes.

leave a comment with facebook