Advertisement

Ultimate Spider-Man #8 (Cutest french barista Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Ultimate Spider-Man #8 (Cutest french barista Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Another exemplary issue of USM, this book is just so good every month. And this issue was made even better by the return of Sara Pichelli, I liked Chris Samnee’s work on the last two issues, but Pichelli’s take on Miles is just perfect. The scene between Miles and Uncle Aaron was Bendis at his best, just really realistic well-done dialogue. And then… Bendis shuts up. That page of silence where Miles contemplates things was so good, perfectly got across his thought process. On top of all that, there’s the return of the Scorpion, who decides to be a new Kingpin, the introduction of a Police Officer who may or may not be a foe to Miles, and oh yes, we see Aunt May and Gwen in Paris as they find out about the new Spider-Man. If they ever meet Miles, that’s going to be one heart-breaking scene. The fight between Spider-Man and the Ringer was a lot of fun, and it was once again cool to see the differences between the experienced Peter Parker and the neophyte Miles. Peter treated The Ringer like a joke, but even the biggest mort is tough for Miles to fight because he’s only just learning. Oh yeah, and this issue was also a welcome return to the hilarious police station gags with a fat version of a 616 character ranting and raving in the background. This time it was Nova, and man, this joke never gets old for me, ‘I’m telling you, it’s a cube! THE COSMIC CUBE!’.

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 125 posts

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #8 (Cutest french barista Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:25 am

Fat Nova is almost as funny as hooker Cloak and Dagger.

So much awesome in this issue. After that horrible art of the last few issues its a pleasant surprise to see decent art.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand