Advertisement

Ultimates #2

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Ultimates #2

Postby jeremy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Anybody else reading this series?

I'm really enjoying it myself, reminds me of the Authority, Planetary and early Ultimates stuff so it's right up my alley.

Liking what happened with the gods and the boy, looking forward to what they will do with all that has happened.

Advertisement

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Ultimates #2

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:32 pm

xaraan wrote:Anybody else reading this series?

I'm really enjoying it myself, reminds me of the Authority, Planetary and early Ultimates stuff so it's right up my alley.

Liking what happened with the gods and the boy, looking forward to what they will do with all that has happened.

I really liked this issue, so much moreso than the first issue. The battle at Asgard was sufficiently grand and I'm curious to see what the new status quo for the remaining Asgardians will be.

Very nicely done, Mr. Hickman.

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby The Bass » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Only Hickman would use the same characters as Heroes in one book, and Villains in the other, and get away with it.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 165 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:28 am

Hopefully its better then Issue 1. I'll read it a bit later. Issue 1 was good but the key parts were just missing.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:03 am

avengingtitan wrote:Hopefully its better then Issue 1. I'll read it a bit later. Issue 1 was good but the key parts were just missing.

Huh? If they were key parts they wouldn't be missing!

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:03 am

Punchy wrote:
Huh? If they were key parts they wouldn't be missing!

Well they were there they just didnt make sense. The asgardians were fighting with the EU douchers and then that dome appeared and they fought the dome? The problem was there was no dialogue.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:24 pm

This was good, as much as I disliked this week’s FF, I loved this one. That’s how polarising Hickman has become, even the same person both likes and hates him. The thing I liked most about this issue was the action, Esad Ribic drew his ass off and everything looked amazing. Widescreen and epic and amazing, Hickman is really showing why these versions of the characters are the inspiration for the movies. The stuff with the Children evolving was a little poncey, but it was interesting, albeit reminiscent of what Hickman did with Earth 2.0 in Fantastic Four. The ending where the Children destroyed the Gods was insane! I can’t wait to see where that goes. The bit where Thor shoved his kid into a tree was weird though, didn’t get that at all. Oh, and did anyone else think that Captain France staying behind to fight with Thor was a little jab at Millar’s famous ‘Do you think the A stands for France?’ bit?

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:36 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Well they were there they just didnt make sense. The asgardians were fighting with the EU douchers and then that dome appeared and they fought the dome? The problem was there was no dialogue.

Pretty good trick if you're too lazy to write the dialogue that gets you from one scene to the next. How did that happen? Audio was off, so sorry. :roll:

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Fucking love this book. I think it's my favorite book right now.

I totally get the early Ultimates/Authority vibe.. with a pinch of pre-Authority Stormwatch thrown in, to boot.

Great fucking issue.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:58 pm

This issue more then made up for last issue. Damn that was brutal. I love that Ultimate Reed Richards is such an ASSHOLE!!!

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:17 am

From Hickman's twitter.

Oh, and Tomorrow's Children are the ULTIMATE version of Mike Carey's Children of the Vault.

Hmmm lead by, I assume, Reed Richards. Interesting I assumed they were the Ultimate Future Foundation.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 199 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:58 am

avengingtitan wrote:From Hickman's twitter.

Hmmm lead by, I assume, Reed Richards. Interesting I assumed they were the Ultimate Future Foundation.

Easy to go that way given their uniforms. Looks like parts of both idea's...from the dialog I got from #2 it looks like Reed doesn't age and created time displacement in the dome resulting in 1000 years passing in a few months like the children of the vault along with Future Foundation gear.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:04 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
Easy to go that way given their uniforms. Looks like parts of both idea's...from the dialog I got from #2 it looks like Reed doesn't age and created time displacement in the dome resulting in 1000 years passing in a few months like the children of the vault along with Future Foundation gear.

I've done my best to forget about the Children of the Vault but I do like this whole idea.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand