Advertisement

Uncanny Avengers #13 spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 352 posts
Title: Self Important

Uncanny Avengers #13 spoilers

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:21 am

This was probably the best issue yet. It was funny, it had Cap deaf from dealing with Banshee screaming at people. It had Jan telling Havoc that he better live through this because he's gonna git it. It had Wanda and Wonder Man boning, Daken just destroying Wolverine physically and mentally. And Rogue only had dialogue on two pages and one of those pages was actually good...the last page. Man Remender cannot write Rogue for shit. No one needs to read the word "Sugah" EVER.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Uncanny Avengers #13 spoilers

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:29 pm

This was a quieter issue than the last few, but it was still excellent, and it shows how good this book, and how baffling it is that so few people online seem to be discussing it.

I think the smaller scale of the battle sequences was because Remender made them much more personal. So the opening fight between Havok and Horseman-Banshee was much more dialogue-heavy, and had a lot of Havok’s inner thoughts about his relationship with Banshee, how Vulcan killed him, and about the failure and/or success of Xavier’s dream. That personal ante was upped even further by Horseman-Daken’s torture of Wolverine, which was just brutal, both physically and mentally for poor old Logan. I especially liked how Remender tied Wolverine killing Daken into the Red Skull’s plans. It’s been a while since we’ve actually seen the Red Skull in this book, and at times, you can forget that the villains of this arc are reacting to another threat, so it was cool to have that reminder, and to know that the plan for this book remains as large as ever.

The way Horseman-Banshee was defeated was quite interesting, with Wasp flying down his mouth, and growing inside him, exploding his windpipe. It was hardcore, and I imagine some fans will be shocked to see Wasp, normally among the most flighty and passive Avengers, get so gory, but I liked it, and because Banshee isn’t actually dead, I didn’t mind. The Banshee fight also lead to the best thing about this issue, Captain America being deaf. All of the stuff with Cap not being able to hear and shouting everything was really funny, and since this book is normally heavy and dark, it was a nice bit of comic relief, especially because it came from an unlikely source.

The biggest plot developments in this issue involve Scarlet Witch and Wonder Man, who seem to have come around to working with the Apocalypse Twins, but it later turns out that Wanda has another plan. She is going to rapture up the mutants, but they aren’t going into pods to sleep, they are coming up in attack mode, to take out the Twins, which should be fun. Wanda and Simon then get it on, in a surprisingly steamy scene for comics. I first started reading the Avengers with the Busiek/Perez run, and their relationship was a big part of that era, so I’m glad to see it properly back.

Of course, the other characters in the story aren’t aware of Wanda’s secret, and that doesn’t bode well for her, as Rogue and Sunfire come across a beaten and battered Wolverine, who tells them that they need to stop Wanda. The tension between Rogue and Scarlet Witch has been bubbling since #1, but next issue it looks like it’s going to boil over. Rogue has Wolverine claws, and she’s coming for Wanda! I don’t think that’s quite what’s meant by ‘Unity’.

What else? Hmmm. Acuna’s artwork was fantastic as always, I’m sad to see him leave, and even though Thor didn’t do much in this issue, those two pages of him opening up a portal to bring down rain was awesome. I said this issue was smaller, but it wasn’t really, it was still crazy epic-sized.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1006 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:13 pm

I was under the impression that the Sentry was supposed to kill an Avenger in this issue...

Oh well, it was still a pretty good issue and I can not wait until next month when Steve McNiven takes over as the regular artist!
ImageImageImage

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:32 pm

Grayson wrote:I was under the impression that the Sentry was supposed to kill an Avenger in this issue...

Oh well, it was still a pretty good issue and I can not wait until next month when Steve McNiven takes over as the regular artist!

It's happening in a later issue apparently.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 326 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Punchy wrote:
It's happening in a later issue apparently.

But we all know the said Avenger will come back at some point most likely.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1006 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Punchy wrote:It's happening in a later issue apparently.

:-(

I was really hoping that the final sequence was the actual death of Wolverine...
ImageImageImage

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 323 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:00 pm

I thought the artwork was really bad.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:15 pm

Second review in a row where Punchy uses the term, "doesn't bode well" and all I can think is, "we shouldn't know this."
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:02 am

Look, everyone here knows that I love me some Havok, but is anyone else rolling their eyes every time Janet and he flirt? It's actually kind of annoying to me.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed this book.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:06 am

guitarsmashley wrote:Second review in a row where Punchy uses the term, "doesn't bode well" and all I can think is, "we shouldn't know this."

Oh, shush.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 171 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:37 am

Flynn the Pirate wrote:Look, everyone here knows that I love me some Havok, but is anyone else rolling their eyes every time Janet and he flirt? It's actually kind of annoying to me.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed this book.

Right here. I've been saying for months now that clearly Remender's only idea of how to do "character development" in this book is "hey, let's have everybody hook up". It has been beyond annoying.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:47 pm

chap22 wrote:Right here. I've been saying for months now that clearly Remender's only idea of how to do "character development" in this book is "hey, let's have everybody hook up". It has been beyond annoying.

Red Skull is gonna finger bang Rogue when he finally comes back.

- Les Paul

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:01 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
Red Skull is gonna finger bang Rogue when he finally comes back.

I so don't want that image in my head if it happens.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:03 pm

chap22 wrote:Right here. I've been saying for months now that clearly Remender's only idea of how to do "character development" in this book is "hey, let's have everybody hook up". It has been beyond annoying.

And here I was thinking that was Bendis' stichkt.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:44 am

Yup. This is a definite problem with the book. Especially since I'd prefer a Havok who is a semi-competent leader to a Havok who gets laid.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand