Advertisement

Uncanny X-Force #13 (Guns instead of playing cards Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Force #13 (Guns instead of playing cards Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:53 am

I love this book as much as the next man, but does anyone else feel Remender is over-using the whole ‘you think the team have been beaten but it’s actually Fantomex creating an illusion’ thing? It’s happened about 3 times in only 14 issues. Apart from that repetition, this was grand fun. I loved Fantomex and AoA Gambit’s back and forth over who was the most fake-french, and then Gambit sacrificed himself, which made me sad, I’m the only person who still likes Gambit I think. Wolverine going berserker was cool too, and the ending was very cool, but how come AoA Nightcrawler wasn’t there? From the looks of the post-Schism teaser, he was on the team. Still, there are a few issues to go. I was disappointed that Brooks wasn’t doing the whole issue, but Eaton was decent, and it means that #14 is out only next week!

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Uncanny X-Force #13 (Guns instead of playing cards Spoil

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Did I miss an issue, or is there still a piece of the puzzle involving the AoA ascension missing? I remember Jean said when they defeated Apocalypse or whatever, a ship landed in New York (?) and things got worse. What was the ship?

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Punchy wrote:I love this book as much as the next man, but does anyone else feel Remender is over-using the whole ‘you think the team have been beaten but it’s actually Fantomex creating an illusion’ thing? It’s happened about 3 times in only 14 issues. Apart from that repetition, this was grand fun. I loved Fantomex and AoA Gambit’s back and forth over who was the most fake-french, and then Gambit sacrificed himself, which made me sad, I’m the only person who still likes Gambit I think. Wolverine going berserker was cool too, and the ending was very cool, but how come AoA Nightcrawler wasn’t there? From the looks of the post-Schism teaser, he was on the team. Still, there are a few issues to go. I was disappointed that Brooks wasn’t doing the whole issue, but Eaton was decent, and it means that #14 is out only next week!

I agree that Remender is overusing Fantomex's illusion creation. But this is still my favorite book and it's awesome issue 14 comes out next week.. I'm glad to see Opena return on the art next issue. I hope he's still in the rotation post-Schism.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 20 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:11 pm

I like Gambit too.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 306 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:37 pm

Gambit is stupid. Glad he's dead.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 199 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 am

Too bad it's only AoA Gambit.

The only time Gambit became interesting was when he was revealed to have played a part in the Mutant Massacre...other than that he's a walking cliche.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand