Advertisement

Uncanny X-Force #25 (Loneliness' Chicken Fried Kiss Spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Force #25 (Loneliness' Chicken Fried Kiss Spoilers

Postby Punchy » Fri May 11, 2012 1:48 pm

It’s slightly sad that 25 issues is now considered a pretty big milestone for a comic, but hey, what can you do, most books are lucky to get this far, and if X-Force want to celebrate, I’m not gonna argue, those cats are scary. This was a very fun issue, and a great summation of what this book has been about, which is X-Men cutting loose and killing some fuckers. Of course, it looks like most of the team is leaving, but I’m sure that Psylocke and Fantomex will be back, Remender has invested too much in them for this to be it. Their ‘departure’ allowed Wolverine to take centre-stage, and while he’s never far from being in the spotlight, he’s not been the main focus of this book that much, so it was great to see Remender’s take on his inner thoughts and character. I also liked that we saw AoA Nightcrawler lightening up a teensy bit, I’ve liked his grimness, but it was cool to see a bit of the ‘real’ Kurt Wagner shine through when he cracked a joke or two. Speaking of jokes, this book continues to be the only place where Deadpool is tolerable and his jokes are actually funny. The threat set-up here was interesting, I love the idea of genetically growing assassins to believe their target killed their parents, it’s brilliantly twisted and perfect for X-Force. I’m not too sold on the Omega family, because well, Omega Red is lame as hell, but I’m sure they’ll be fine. Mike McKone’s artwork was solid, and it reminded me of Phil Noto’s stuff last month, which was cool. The back-up stories were good too, the Wolverine one was a good little character piece with some nice violence, and the Deadpool one was just bat-shit insane, I love Remender’s take on that character, but it does make me worry for his own sanity.

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: Uncanny X-Force #25 (Loneliness' Chicken Fried Kiss Spoi

Postby Chris » Fri May 11, 2012 1:52 pm

I feel like the last two issues have done a lot to bring this book back to where it was pre-Otherworld.

This was a great issue, and I think McKone's art was the best I've ever seen it. I attribute a lot of that to Dean White being one of the best colorists in comics, and finding some consistency in the overall art regardless of what artists he colors over.

The Wolverine backup was amazing.

Rick Remender should write Wolverine.

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Fri May 11, 2012 1:56 pm

I feel like the Omega Family couldn't possibly suck worse than Omega Red, so I'm game.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Sat May 12, 2012 4:13 am

Holland Oats wrote:I feel like the last two issues have done a lot to bring this book back to where it was pre-Otherworld.

This was a great issue, and I think McKone's art was the best I've ever seen it. I attribute a lot of that to Dean White being one of the best colorists in comics, and finding some consistency in the overall art regardless of what artists he colors over.

The Wolverine backup was amazing.

Rick Remender should write Wolverine.

Agreed. The Otherworld arc was severely lacking, mostly due to the art. I have a feeling this arc will kick all kinds of ass.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 135 posts

Postby doombug » Sat May 12, 2012 4:27 am

The Deadpool back up, while it's appeared before was just one of those stories that only works when Deadpool is involved. :lol:

And I wonder how long the plan to return Wade's looks from over in the Deadpool title had been in the works for because that's Deadpool's actual face in the issue and not an image inducer which was kind of cool.

Also fantomex and Betsy are out maybe 2 issues at most obviously.
Last edited by doombug on Sat May 12, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat May 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Fantomex dies in this arc, IMO.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand