Advertisement

Uncanny X-Force #21 (Serendipity! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Force #21 (Serendipity! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:14 pm

This is a weird storyline for me, there are parts I really like, such as the way Remender is writing AoA Nightcrawler and really demonstrating how different he is from ‘our’ Kurt, but all the stuff with Otherworld and the Goat Demon is not really appealing to me. I’ve always liked Captain Britain, but we’ve been dropped into the middle of a war that we’ve never seen anything of before so this isn’t really the Captain Britain setting I know. I wonder how Remender’s take on CB here, where he’s kind of being used as a villain, will be compared to when he’s using him as a Secret Avenger? Greg Tocchini’s art once again veered wildly from looking really good and looking absolutely terrible, even within the same panel. I had no idea who the red guy revealed at the end was? Who was it supposed to be?

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Uncanny X-Force #21 (Serendipity! Spoilers)

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Diamond shorted this entire area on this book, which I was only going to buy after the last crap issue because I was otherwise just getting Fatale #2. Assuming next week won't be as light for me, it sounds like I will go with my plan to drop the book for the foreseeable future.

It sounds like not much happened and more of the same.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah, I don't really get this arc. It's odd. I feel like there's something we're not being told.. there seems to be a big missing piece of the puzzle, primarily in regard to Brian. He's acting wildly out of character.

A down arc, for sure. But after 19 straight issues of amazing comics, I'm willing to give Remender the benefit of the doubt.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Not me, Remender has always been inconsistent. I'll wait and jump back in for the Noto art when the time comes, if it seems worthwhile.

But if that's his take on Brian, he's taken him from acting like a bit of a pompous ass to being a real cunt rag.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Svlad Cjelli wrote:Also, the issue with Magneto sucked balls! 19 straight, my ass!

Uncanny X-Men #5 gave that issue some relevance.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:15 pm

I thought #1-19 was about as perfect as X-Men comics can get. Not one bad issue in the lot.

And all of Fear Agent was amazing.

Last Days of American Crime was great.

I think his Punisher is the only thing he's written that has been inconsistent to me. I liked the first arc.. then he did that Franken-Castle shit, which was ok for what it was, but a horrible Punisher story.

So if anything, I suppose my issue with him in that regard is that he tries to force a specific story he wants to tell into whatever book he's writing. Which at this point might be my fear for this arc, unless it comes together by the end.
Last edited by Chris on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Punchy wrote:
Uncanny X-Men #5 gave that issue some relevance.

I shouldn't have to wait a year and read another book I don't even like for it to gain any relevance!!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:17 pm

Holland Oats wrote:I thought #1-19 was about as perfect as X-Men comics can get. Not one bad issue in the lot.

And all of Fear Agent was amazing.

Last Days of American Crime was great.

I think his Punisher is the only thing he's written that has been inconsistent to me. I liked the first arc.. then he did that Franken-Castle shit, which was ok for what it was, but a horrible Punisher story.

So if anything, I suppose my issue with him in that regard is that he tries to force a specific story he wants to tell into whatever book he's writing. Which at this point might be my fear for this arc, unless it comes together by the end.

Franken-Castle was awesome!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Svlad Cjelli wrote:
I shouldn't have to wait a year and read another book I don't even like for it to gain any relevance!!

That's the nature of comics in a shared continuity though.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:19 pm

Punchy wrote:
Franken-Castle was awesome!

I liked the story, and the art was amazing.. I still don't think it needed to be told in The Punisher, though. It took me out of it and lessened my enjoyment because it felt really forced. He could've done that story with someone like Deathlok, for example, or something along those lines.. and it would've been better.

It just felt like he really wanted to tell a Legion of Monsters story, but didn't have a venue for it, so he pitched it as a Punisher arc.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Holland Oats wrote:
I liked the story, and the art was amazing.. I still don't think it needed to be told in The Punisher, though. It took me out of it and lessened my enjoyment because it felt really forced. He could've done that story with someone like Deathlok, for example, or something along those lines.. and it would've been better.

It just felt like he really wanted to tell a Legion of Monsters story, but didn't have a venue for it, so he pitched it as a Punisher arc.

I can understand that POV, but to me... it worked fine with Punisher.

I actually think Remender's best work is Venom, that book is way better than it has any right to be.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 49 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:23 pm

I really really think it's painfully obvious that mind control is at work here. Brian and Betsy's "reformed" brother has to be the cause as well. :smt102

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:27 pm

doombug wrote:I really really think it's painfully obvious that mind control is at work here. Brian and Betsy's "reformed" brother has to be the cause as well. :smt102

Yeah, Jamie all of a sudden being good struck me as odd the first issue.. I couldn't recall when that happened. He's supposed to be a lunatic, right?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:31 pm

I wonder where Mad Jim Jaspers is?

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 49 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Holland Oats wrote:
Yeah, Jamie all of a sudden being good struck me as odd the first issue.. I couldn't recall when that happened. He's supposed to be a lunatic, right?

I believe so, I mean I could be wrong but it just seems so painfully obvious. (Especially with Meggan being elsewhere)

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand