Advertisement

Uncanny X-Force #27! Sweet Baby Jesus! Spoilers to come!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 67 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Uncanny X-Force #27! Sweet Baby Jesus! Spoilers to come!

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:10 pm

As always, I don't like to put spoilers in the first post on the day of release; I figure that gives people time to weigh what I do mention in the first post, then decide whether or not to buy it themselves -- not because I'm saying you have to spend your money, but the reason I post about specific issues is because if I am gushing about it, it's because it's good from start to finish, so it's meant to be read in its entirety.

So. Uncanny X-Force #27.

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Logan and the crew are in DEEP. Oh, my gosh. If you've been following this book, you're going to love this issue.

If you haven't been following this book: Look. This is one of those runs that you just gotta have. You do. It's that freaking good. It is. If you like any of the characters featured in this book AT ALL, you gotta read this series in its entirety.

Fantomex deserved better....wait, was that a spoiler?!?!?! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :-D

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Advertisement

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Re: Uncanny X-Force #27! Sweet Baby Jesus! Spoilers to come!

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:18 pm

I never really liked Fantomex. Too much Morrison silliness. But damn if Remender hasn't managed to make me grudgingly respect the character. Especially after this issue.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:44 pm

See, I'm with you on Morrison in this way: He is, arguably, one of the top idea men who have ever written a comic book. But that's where it goes with me -- he has ideas, but far too often, I haven't seen him execute them, give them a real foundation.

The good thing about it is that talented writers -- far more often than we, as readers, give them credit, probably -- can take those ideas and make them "live."

Fantomex was pretty much just a concept, a few ideas thrown together. But Remender has given him substance, a foundation, and made him interesting.

He deserved better, Fantomex did. (What? Is that another spoiler?) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :-D

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Dragavon
Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:58 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:The good thing about it is that talented writers -- far more often than we, as readers, give them credit, probably -- can take those ideas and make them "live."

That's my problem with Morrison and Hickman. They have trouble making the ideas "live" as you say it.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Dragavon wrote:That's my problem with Morrison and Hickman. They have trouble making the ideas "live" as you say it.

You know, it's interesting that you say that, think this way. I wish more people did, knew the difference.

There are times in runs, or with characters, when you need an Idea Man to come in and refresh a property or franchise. But sometimes, you absolutely need somebody to come in and simply tell good stories with a character, stories that pull things together and give readers something to build with.

The best writers...do both. But that's the problem with comics anymore...there aren't many writers who can do both, well.

contramundi
cheese

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby contramundi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:27 pm

so hes dead then?spoil it already :-D

Dragavon
Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:30 pm

contramundi wrote:so hes dead then?spoil it already :-D

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Got his heart ripped out. So I'm assuming so. :lol:

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1239 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:02 pm

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
I'm not sure that I believe that Fantomex is dead. The evidence certainly supports this idea but having his body present in the final panel leads me to believe that this may all be a part of his plan. Perhaps he has been using his abilities by misdirecting things since the very beginning. All he would have had to do is convince Mystique that she really did posion him and everything could fall into place after the fact.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:31 am

I’m weeping as I write this. Fantomex, America’s Sweetheart, the Queen Of Hearts, is dead. How could Rick Remender kill off the most beloved comics character of all time? There’s going to be rioting in the streets because of this! I joke, I joke, I know a lot of people don’t (or didn’t) like Fantomex, but I did, and I’m sad to see him go. But at least he went out like a hero, sacrificing himself to save Psylocke. There may well have been another death in this issue, I’m not sure, but it looks like Ultimaton killed Gateway. Australia’s Sweetheart! Noooo! Anyways, the truth behind what’s been going on is revealed, and it’s Daken! He’s the leader of the new Brotherhood and it makes a lot of sense, who better to take down Wolverine’s team of killers than a team of killers led by his son? I haven’t really kept track of what Daken’s been up to since Dark Avengers ended, so it’s great to have him back and being just as much of a dick as usual. I also like how his plan ties back in to what this book’s been about since day 1, Apocalypse. He’s kidnapped Evan, and whatever he has planned… it can’t be good. What else? EVA is now a sexy humanoid robot, and Blob sat on Kid Gladiator, all good stuff. This book is back on a roll after a brief blip, and once again it’s one of the best comics Mainstream Superheroes has to offer.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 10 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm not buying Daken as the leader of the new Brotherhood, I don't think he has the "gravitas" to lead that group. I would almost rather see it be Romulous (though I loathe the character), but I accept him commanding the team more than Daken.

I was more upset about the death of Gateway than Fantomex. I tolerated him and found him amusing at times, but the character just never grew on me. And as far as EVA...do we really need another AI running around? Doesn't Danger fill that role already? And why does Marvel love the female AI's so much? Its an AI, gender shoudn't come in to the equation.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:26 pm

The Apocalypse thing is interesting, because wasn't Remender saying the Uncanny Avengers would be facing threats like Apocalypse and Red Skull when that book launches?

I'm thinking whatever Daken has planned will somehow bring Apoc back.

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 395 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:38 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:See, I'm with you on Morrison in this way: He is, arguably, one of the top idea men who have ever written a comic book. But that's where it goes with me -- he has ideas, but far too often, I haven't seen him execute them, give them a real foundation.

I once called Grant "the deadbeat dad of comics". :D

The good thing about it is that talented writers -- far more often than we, as readers, give them credit, probably -- can take those ideas and make them "live."

Not always; I've seen people try to do something with his Freedom Fighters, his ill-conceived Great Ten, his HORRIFICALLY ill-conceived Super Young Team... all to little avail.

Maybe he should -- oh, I don't know -- stick around and DEVELOP his ideas, once in awhile...

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 365 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:41 am

I doubt its Daken. His story came to an end in his book. He died.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 270 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:37 am

avengingtitan wrote:I doubt its Daken. His story came to an end in his book. He died.

And as we all know, in comics death is always very final. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand