Tuesday, May 3, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Uncanny X-Force #27! Sweet Baby Jesus! Spoilers to come!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:10 pm

As always, I don't like to put spoilers in the first post on the day of release; I figure that gives people time to weigh what I do mention in the first post, then decide whether or not to buy it themselves -- not because I'm saying you have to spend your money, but the reason I post about specific issues is because if I am gushing about it, it's because it's good from start to finish, so it's meant to be read in its entirety.

So. Uncanny X-Force #27.

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Logan and the crew are in DEEP. Oh, my gosh. If you've been following this book, you're going to love this issue.

If you haven't been following this book: Look. This is one of those runs that you just gotta have. You do. It's that freaking good. It is. If you like any of the characters featured in this book AT ALL, you gotta read this series in its entirety.

Fantomex deserved better....wait, was that a spoiler?!?!?! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :-D
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:18 pm

I never really liked Fantomex. Too much Morrison silliness. But damn if Remender hasn't managed to make me grudgingly respect the character. Especially after this issue.
User avatar

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:44 pm

See, I'm with you on Morrison in this way: He is, arguably, one of the top idea men who have ever written a comic book. But that's where it goes with me -- he has ideas, but far too often, I haven't seen him execute them, give them a real foundation.

The good thing about it is that talented writers -- far more often than we, as readers, give them credit, probably -- can take those ideas and make them "live."

Fantomex was pretty much just a concept, a few ideas thrown together. But Remender has given him substance, a foundation, and made him interesting.

He deserved better, Fantomex did. (What? Is that another spoiler?) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :-D
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:58 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:The good thing about it is that talented writers -- far more often than we, as readers, give them credit, probably -- can take those ideas and make them "live."

That's my problem with Morrison and Hickman. They have trouble making the ideas "live" as you say it.
User avatar

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Dragavon wrote:That's my problem with Morrison and Hickman. They have trouble making the ideas "live" as you say it.


You know, it's interesting that you say that, think this way. I wish more people did, knew the difference.

There are times in runs, or with characters, when you need an Idea Man to come in and refresh a property or franchise. But sometimes, you absolutely need somebody to come in and simply tell good stories with a character, stories that pull things together and give readers something to build with.

The best writers...do both. But that's the problem with comics anymore...there aren't many writers who can do both, well.
User avatar

contramundi

cheese

Postby contramundi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:27 pm

so hes dead then?spoil it already :-D
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:30 pm

contramundi wrote:so hes dead then?spoil it already :-D

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Got his heart ripped out. So I'm assuming so. :lol:
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:02 pm

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
I'm not sure that I believe that Fantomex is dead. The evidence certainly supports this idea but having his body present in the final panel leads me to believe that this may all be a part of his plan. Perhaps he has been using his abilities by misdirecting things since the very beginning. All he would have had to do is convince Mystique that she really did posion him and everything could fall into place after the fact.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:31 am

I’m weeping as I write this. Fantomex, America’s Sweetheart, the Queen Of Hearts, is dead. How could Rick Remender kill off the most beloved comics character of all time? There’s going to be rioting in the streets because of this! I joke, I joke, I know a lot of people don’t (or didn’t) like Fantomex, but I did, and I’m sad to see him go. But at least he went out like a hero, sacrificing himself to save Psylocke. There may well have been another death in this issue, I’m not sure, but it looks like Ultimaton killed Gateway. Australia’s Sweetheart! Noooo! Anyways, the truth behind what’s been going on is revealed, and it’s Daken! He’s the leader of the new Brotherhood and it makes a lot of sense, who better to take down Wolverine’s team of killers than a team of killers led by his son? I haven’t really kept track of what Daken’s been up to since Dark Avengers ended, so it’s great to have him back and being just as much of a dick as usual. I also like how his plan ties back in to what this book’s been about since day 1, Apocalypse. He’s kidnapped Evan, and whatever he has planned… it can’t be good. What else? EVA is now a sexy humanoid robot, and Blob sat on Kid Gladiator, all good stuff. This book is back on a roll after a brief blip, and once again it’s one of the best comics Mainstream Superheroes has to offer.
User avatar

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm not buying Daken as the leader of the new Brotherhood, I don't think he has the "gravitas" to lead that group. I would almost rather see it be Romulous (though I loathe the character), but I accept him commanding the team more than Daken.

I was more upset about the death of Gateway than Fantomex. I tolerated him and found him amusing at times, but the character just never grew on me. And as far as EVA...do we really need another AI running around? Doesn't Danger fill that role already? And why does Marvel love the female AI's so much? Its an AI, gender shoudn't come in to the equation.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:26 pm

The Apocalypse thing is interesting, because wasn't Remender saying the Uncanny Avengers would be facing threats like Apocalypse and Red Skull when that book launches?

I'm thinking whatever Daken has planned will somehow bring Apoc back.
User avatar

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:38 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:See, I'm with you on Morrison in this way: He is, arguably, one of the top idea men who have ever written a comic book. But that's where it goes with me -- he has ideas, but far too often, I haven't seen him execute them, give them a real foundation.


I once called Grant "the deadbeat dad of comics". :D

The good thing about it is that talented writers -- far more often than we, as readers, give them credit, probably -- can take those ideas and make them "live."


Not always; I've seen people try to do something with his Freedom Fighters, his ill-conceived Great Ten, his HORRIFICALLY ill-conceived Super Young Team... all to little avail.

Maybe he should -- oh, I don't know -- stick around and DEVELOP his ideas, once in awhile...
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:41 am

I doubt its Daken. His story came to an end in his book. He died.
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:37 am

avengingtitan wrote:I doubt its Daken. His story came to an end in his book. He died.

And as we all know, in comics death is always very final. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gavincantdraw and 58 guests

cron