Monday, June 27, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not CBR!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Uncanny X-Force #18

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:06 pm

I appreciate it because Remender really seems to know his shit. He's reaching far back with many of these plot points, and shows he's a real X-Men fanboy. He talks about it with a lot of passion in interviews.

Other than Mike Carey, I don't know if I've gotten that feeling from any X-writer of the last 10-15 years other than maybe Grant Morrison.. and I don't even know so much if he was really a fanboy or just knowledgeable about the stuff. IIRC, he was a DC guy growing up.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:10 am

I really like this story but I still feel that it went on a little too long. Also how did no one call out Fantomex for keeping Apocalypse alive? You'd think that would be a big deal.
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:26 am

ive missed the last 4 or so issues of this book, due to financial issues, but i can't wait to read it in trade.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:33 am

avengingtitan wrote:I really like this story but I still feel that it went on a little too long. Also how did no one call out Fantomex for keeping Apocalypse alive? You'd think that would be a big deal.


When you are in the middle of a battle with your former teammate, that involves two universes, and failure will result in the extinction of humanity...I would think that you don't have a lot of time to ask questions like "Hey Fantomex, where did you get that adolescent Apocalypse from?"

That being said, I am fairly certain that the upcoming story arc will probably deal with some of the loose ends from the Dark Angel saga, including just why Fantomex thought it would be a good idea to have a child clone of Apocalypse as a contingency plan.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:45 am

Sakie wrote:
When you are in the middle of a battle with your former teammate, that involves two universes, and failure will result in the extinction of humanity...I would think that you don't have a lot of time to ask questions like "Hey Fantomex, where did you get that adolescent Apocalypse from?"

That being said, I am fairly certain that the upcoming story arc will probably deal with some of the loose ends from the Dark Angel saga, including just why Fantomex thought it would be a good idea to have a child clone of Apocalypse as a contingency plan.

Yea but not even a single line of dialogue?
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:58 am

avengingtitan wrote:Yea but not even a single line of dialogue?


Aside from Fantomex, Ultimaton, and lil' 'pocalypse the only other person that we know for a fact was on EVA was Psylocke. Betsy obviously had other things on her mind and it is possible that the rest of X-Force doesn't know about the clone yet since they were either unconscious or in a fleshy pile of meat awaiting regeneration.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:08 am

Sakie wrote:
Aside from Fantomex, Ultimaton, and lil' 'pocalypse the only other person that we know for a fact was on EVA was Psylocke. Betsy obviously had other things on her mind and it is possible that the rest of X-Force doesn't know about the clone yet since they were either unconscious or in a fleshy pile of meat awaiting regeneration.

Thats true I guess.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 60 guests