Advertisement

Uncanny X-Men #4 (Adapt to this Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Men #4 (Adapt to this Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:15 am

That was quick! Issue 3 only came out last week and now this, Team Cyclops you are spoiling us! I did like how this issue picked up on the events of the first arc in a tangential way, with the Phalanx threat coming into being from Sinister being defeated and chucking him away, but I feel that perhaps too much focus was given to the Phalanx and not enough on the actual X-Men, who only showed up in the last few pages to smash it up. It was good to get a unique alien perspective, and Gillen got across the horror aspect of the Phalanx assimilating a whole town very well, but I feel that in the early issues of a book, more attention should be paid to the protagonists than the antagonists, even with characters as well known as the X-Men. They are in a new world, and we need to see how they are reacting and changing. The only X-Man we got any insight on this issue was Colossus really, and I want more on what’s going on in Cyclops’ head. Interestingly, Emma Frost was not present, I guess she really has lost her arm. Brandon Peterson’s art was very strong, like I said about last week’s issue of Ultimates, I’m glad he’s back to his something more like his old style.

Advertisement

Porcelain38
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Staff Writer.

Re: Uncanny X-Men #4 (Adapt to this Spoilers)

Postby Porcelain38 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:42 pm

I want to like this book! I really do! I just can't do it though,,,,, :smt102

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 264 posts

Re: Uncanny X-Men #4 (Adapt to this Spoilers)

Postby GHERU » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:46 pm

finally, a good issue
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand