Advertisement

Uncanny X-Men #11 (Human cowards Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 28 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Re: Uncanny X-Men #11 (Human cowards Spoilers)

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:59 pm

I don't really see much of a point in arguing this point any more. In various comics, Scott's both accepted responsibility for Xavier's death and denied it. His message changes depending on the writer and the book.

Kieron Gillen spent a year and a half setting up Cyclops to become a supervillain in his Uncanny X-Men/AvX: Consequences run and Bendis has spent his run reversing that. Cyclops has denied multiple times that he was in control throughout the Bendis era. One could buy the argument that Bendis is turning Cyclops into a two-faced ideologue who's willing to say and do anything to build support, but Scott's frequent narration in Uncanny X-Men indicates that's a load of crap.

So basically, everyone's right and wrong.

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 192 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:35 pm

BlueStreak wrote:I don't really see much of a point in arguing this point any more. In various comics, Scott's both accepted responsibility for Xavier's death and denied it. His message changes depending on the writer and the book.

Kieron Gillen spent a year and a half setting up Cyclops to become a supervillain in his Uncanny X-Men/AvX: Consequences run and Bendis has spent his run reversing that. Cyclops has denied multiple times that he was in control throughout the Bendis era. One could buy the argument that Bendis is turning Cyclops into a two-faced ideologue who's willing to say and do anything to build support, but Scott's frequent narration in Uncanny X-Men indicates that's a load of crap.

Pretty much.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 74 posts

Postby dairydead » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:42 pm

habitual wrote:
Like supplying the world with renewable energy and feeding the hungry?

Really terrorist like things.....

If anything the Avengers were the terrorists, even Reed Richards pointed this out.

Hab

I feel like you're forgetting the part where they literally took over the world and started to rebuild it in their image. They literally became international dictators, and anyone who wanted freedom was thrown in hell. This is not a good thing. I'm sure we can find plenty of good things Doom does for Latveria, but taking over the world by force isn't "heroic"
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 192 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:50 pm

dairydead wrote:
I feel like you're forgetting the part where they literally took over the world and started to rebuild it in their image. They literally became international dictators, and anyone who wanted freedom was thrown in hell. This is not a good thing. I'm sure we can find plenty of good things Doom does for Latveria, but taking over the world by force isn't "heroic"

I know I'm gonna sound like a dick but, I swear I'm not.

Ever notice the first thing Villains comics/movies/TV shows the first thing they do is promise renewable energy, and food for the poor. All you have to do is let them do whatever they want or die? Its a pretty good deal.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:21 am

dairydead wrote:

He's also forgetting the fact that the Phoenix force flat out corrupted every single one of them very slowly.

Emma flat out killed a full family, Namor almost commited genocide (only to take out a fraction of the population in or near Wakanda, Illyana went even more nuts and even Collossus almost destroyed a school full of innocent children just to get a date with his ex girlfriend.

Hell the only good thing that Cyc did was resist the force as long as he did.

The whole Cyclops was right bullshit is almost as annoying and bad as Iron Man being viewed as some sort of saint during Civil War. Cap in both events wasn't completely right, neither was Cyclops. :smt102

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:24 am

BlueStreak wrote:I don't really see much of a point in arguing this point any more. In various comics, Scott's both accepted responsibility for Xavier's death and denied it. His message changes depending on the writer and the book.

This actually, completely agree and cool with everything that's said by Blue here. 8)

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand