Advertisement

Uncanny X-Men #10 (Lecture on arrogance Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Men #10 (Lecture on arrogance Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:22 pm

A good issue, and one that manages to not only tantalise and tease us for AvX (even though it’s already started), but also to tell it’s own story of the X-Men taking on Unit. That was a great fight, Unit is just such an interesting, creepy villain, and it was fun to see him take everyone out in different ways. I particularly liked how he took down Emma Frost and Namor, by basically making them do eachother. The fallout from this fight is the most interesting thing however, Emma and Scott are having some relationship trouble, Colossus is no so scared of losing control that he’s asked to be imprisoned, and Unit is talking to Hope about the Phoenix! Uh-oh. It’s a good job the Phoenix isn’t coming to Earth anytime soon isn’t it? What’s that? Oh shoot! I also liked that this issue set-up the idea that the conflict between the X-Men and the Avengers wasn’t just about Hope, as Cyclops’ vanishing off to protect her demonstrated to Captain America that he doesn’t really want to protect the world, just the mutants. It’s great that this fight has so many sides. Oh yeah, and Agent Brand knows about X-Force, that’s going to cause problems for sure. Carlos Pacheco was his usual awesome self on art, it’s just a damn shame he couldn’t do the whole thing. Speed it up Carlos!

Advertisement

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 148 posts

Re: Uncanny X-Men #10 (Lecture on arrogance Spoilers)

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Ah, so it bolsters the "Cyclops is a self-centered douchebag" arguement. Good to know!

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 172 posts

Postby dairydead » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Its really too bad that Colossus is going that way. Its so predictable. I was really hoping that he would be strong enough to turn his transformation into a positive thing.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 129 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:37 pm

This book has been terrible. The previous arc about the Tabula Rasa was absolutely awful and this arc hasn't started any better IMO.

I really don't like what's being done with the Rasputins either.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 10 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:33 pm

oogy wrote:This book has been terrible. The previous arc about the Tabula Rasa was absolutely awful and this arc hasn't started any better IMO.

I really don't like what's being done with the Rasputins either.

I liked this arc, but yeah the Tabula Rasa one was terrible.

Why Magik is still locked up is stupid. :smt011

dairydead wrote:Its really too bad that Colossus is going that way. Its so predictable. I was really hoping that he would be strong enough to turn his transformation into a positive thing.

Predictable it may be, but I like it. Pete has always been the gentle giant its good to see him wreck shit. If anything it needs to be turned up a notch.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 172 posts

Postby dairydead » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:41 pm

MistaT wrote:
I liked this arc, but yeah the Tabula Rasa one was terrible.

Why Magik is still locked up is stupid. :smt011

Predictable it may be, but I like it. Pete has always been the gentle giant its good to see him wreck shit. If anything it needs to be turned up a notch.

I know i know, i just wish they had balls to be like "hey Peter is a badass, and he doesn't do anything half way " instead of the tired old " stop me before i hurt someone!". I've read enough Hulk over the years to get my fill of that.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand