Advertisement

Uncanny X-Men #12 (Not yabbering time Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Men #12 (Not yabbering time Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun May 20, 2012 9:46 am

More fun AvX tie-in stuff, I was annoyed at first when they brought in that annoying Savage character, but hid presence redeemed itself with the excellent copulation joke at the end. Brilliant stuff that. But the best thing about this issue was once again Namor, Kieron Gillen just writes the best Namor ever, whether it’s his flirting with Hepzibah, or his fight with the Thing, or his hilarious relationship with the freaky prawn queen, he’s just brilliant whatever he does, and almost every line is hilarious. When Gillen eventually leaves the X-Men behind, he should definitely do a Namor solo story, that would be most excellent.

Advertisement

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 100 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Re: Uncanny X-Men #12 (Not yabbering time Spoilers)

Postby The Beast » Mon May 21, 2012 4:21 pm

I love Gillen's Namor, this book is Namor and his Uncanny friends as far as I'm concerned.

The rematch resolution was priceless, talk about saving face for our combatants. :lol:

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 63 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Mon May 21, 2012 7:11 pm

I laughed so hard at Namor's lines, I nearly passed out for lack of oxygen. When he said, "Namor understands if they want to speak of his prowess," I nearly lost it. That was so funny, it was ridiculous.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Liked in: 67 posts

Postby Rikk Odinson » Tue May 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Who woulda thought that Namor would end up bein' one of the coolest X-men?

Not me, that's for sure.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand