Advertisement

Uncanny X-Men #16 (La Petite Morte Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Men #16 (La Petite Morte Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:54 am

The Phoenix Five take the fight to Mister Sinister, and in a real surprise, they get their butts whooped. It was a lot of fun seeing what kinds of warped versions of various X-Men and X-Related characters he could throw at Cyclops and the gang. I particularly liked the Kamikaze Gambits and the Krakoa Castle. There’s even explosive cows! And then there’s Madelyne Pryor. I will say that I was a bit annoyed that we didn’t get more of an emotional reaction from Cyclops to seeing a bunch of clones of his ex-wife, all he did was blast them to hell, but that may have been the Phoenix being in control and not caring. I wonder how many readers thought this issue was good, or how many were annoyed at the Phoenix Five being defeated so easily? In AvX they’ve been built up to be relatively unstoppable, but it wasn’t so here. Hmmmm. One thing I love is that at the end, the non-Phoenixed X-Men show up to save the day. Magneto and Storm have been the secret stars and surprisingly (in Magneto’s case at least) the secret consciences of this book, and I’m very excited to see them achieve what their cosmic teammates couldn’t. Daniel Acuna’s art was a love it or hate it as usual, I like it, but I beyond trying to turn around the haters, it just seems like one of those things.

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Uncanny X-Men #16 (La Petite Morte Spoilers)

Postby MistaT » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:39 am

I found this issue really enjoyable. I have loced Sinister in these last few story arcs and this one definitely did not disappoint. I did however find it a little off at how easily Sinister was beating the Phoenix Five. I really didn't see anything that Sinister threw at them that they should not have been able to handle with a proverbial wave of their hand.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Re: Uncanny X-Men #16 (La Petite Morte Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:12 am

I'd love to be able to blast the fuck out of a few of my ex's as well :twisted:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand