Advertisement

Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:48 am

Dragavon wrote:Whatever you say. :lol:

I have to believe it's Xorn! I HAVE TO!

Advertisement

Dragavon
Podcaster

Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:52 am

Zechs wrote:
That's some wicked photo shop you have there. But that's not Magneto. :P

Grant Morrison says it is. Grant Morrison > you.

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:00 am

Grant Morrison isn't the boss of me!

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 607 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:59 am

Grant Morrison is a fucking tool that tried to ruin the X-Men as a spy for DC!!

SilverPhoenix
Staff Writer

Title: Harbinger of the Ponypocalyse
Formerly: Lord Solaris, Discord

Postby SilverPhoenix » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:15 am

Knuckles McSmasher wrote:Grant Morrison is a fucking tool that tried to ruin the X-Men as a spy for DC!!

That's why the X-Men franchise is so amazing right no.... Oh wait.

Except for X-Factor and Uncanny X-Force (not counting the solo titles here), I can't be arsed to read X-Men anymore, simply because the current Status-Quo makes zero sense. Why in the hell should humanity be afraid of ~179 mutants who most likely still can't even repopulate their numbers through birth (Lets not go into the fact that those numbers of anything isn't a minority, but a endangered species, or the fact that neither Scott nor Logan should be the sole arbitrators of the future of mutantdom.)

I understand people may have had problems with the execution of Grant's vision, but at the same time, he laid the foundation for what the post Claremontian (and in turn Xavier/Magneto) mutant story could look like. If I had the choice, I would've taken all of the good and bad that came with that vision (while adjusting the bad along the way), with what we have now. Not only would we have a better range of stories, the whole entire thing wouldn't feel like they're building over rubbish that's better served erased.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 13 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:21 am

If Uncanny X-Force wastes much time on this other bullshit, I'll gladly drop the one palatable Marvel book Marvel is managing each month.

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 607 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:26 am

SilverPhoenix wrote:

Except for X-Factor and Uncanny X-Force (not counting the solo titles here), I can't be arsed to read X-Men anymore, simply because the current Status-Quo makes zero sense. Why in the hell should humanity be afraid of ~179 mutants who most likely still can't even repopulate their numbers through birth (Lets not go into the fact that those numbers of anything isn't a minority, but a endangered species, or the fact that neither Scott nor Logan should be the sole arbitrators of the future of mutantdom.)

I understand people may have had problems with the execution of Grant's vision, but at the same time, he laid the foundation for what the post Claremontian (and in turn Xavier/Magneto) mutant story could look like. If I had the choice, I would've taken all of the good and bad that came with that vision (while adjusting the bad along the way), with what we have now. Not only would we have a better range of stories, the whole entire thing wouldn't feel like they're building over rubbish that's better served erased.

I was joking, I actually enjoyed Morrison's run up to the last arc where there were in the future.

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:34 am

Zechs wrote:
That's some wicked photo shop you have there. But that's not Magneto. :P

Yes, it was. I'm sticking with Morrison's version.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Psivage
FROGMAN

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: shake it baby, shake it good!
Formerly: Cat-Psivage

Postby Psivage » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:47 am

Zechs wrote:Here's the line-up for Uncanny during Regenesis.  Spoilers ahoy.

Magneto, Danger, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Colossus, and Magik. 

Source: Zechs Release
Written or Contributed by: LOLtron

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/66-comics-news/15433-uncanny-x-men-1-team-fully-revealed.html/

I was thinking of getting this, but the team doesn't suit me.

both made by Cat-Scratch

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:44 am

SilverPhoenix wrote:

I love Morrison's run, but certain aspects of it don't really translate to mainstream continuity story. Most of it was phenomenal, but some parts worked better as out-of-continuity material.

Also. Why can't you grasp the world fearing 200 some-odd walking weapons of mass destruction? Furthermore, even if you get past their giant powers, you have to remember that prejudice and hatred rarely make sense.

If gay people all disappeared and there were only like 100 or so left, guess what, all those people who hate gay people so much? THEY'LL STILL HATE GAY PEOPLE. So I don't there's any stretch of logic there in the least, if anything, it makes complete sense that the people who hate mutants would see this as an opportunity to finally wipe the "scourge" off the face of the earth, don't give them a chance to recover, just smite them with mighty wrath of "god."

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 69 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:55 am

Well this is a team I care nothing about.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 13 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:01 pm

The full team has at least 10 members IIRC, so that isn't the full team.

cyberfrenzy
Tip Top Dancer

Postby cyberfrenzy » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:02 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:I love Morrison's run, but certain aspects of it don't really translate to mainstream continuity story. Most of it was phenomenal, but some parts worked better as out-of-continuity material.

Also. Why can't you grasp the world fearing 200 some-odd walking weapons of mass destruction? Furthermore, even if you get past their giant powers, you have to remember that prejudice and hatred rarely make sense.

If gay people all disappeared and there were only like 100 or so left, guess what, all those people who hate gay people so much? THEY'LL STILL HATE GAY PEOPLE. So I don't there's any stretch of logic there in the least, if anything, it makes complete sense that the people who hate mutants would see this as an opportunity to finally wipe the "scourge" off the face of the earth, don't give them a chance to recover, just smite them with mighty wrath of "god."

Good Point... The X-Men Series has brought a lot of interesting story-arcs, if you ask me, instead of just good vs bad stories....
New - But Learning

Pecs
Outhouse Drafter

Title: Great Ex-Pec-tations

Postby Pecs » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Cyclops and Emma have been nothing but douchebags for years now and the rest of the team should have jumped ship by now.
Magneto on the same team as them? Right...
WTF IS WRONG WITH COLOSSUS?
Magik with him makes sense. With Cyke and Emma? Not so much.
And Danger being there is even more questionable.
This team does not gel together on any level whatsoever.

...did I mention that Colossus has never looked more pathetic?

Dragavon
Podcaster

Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Pecs wrote:Cyclops and Emma have been nothing but douchebags for years now and the rest of the team should have jumped ship by now.
Magneto on the same team as them? Right...
WTF IS WRONG WITH COLOSSUS?
Magik with him makes sense. With Cyke and Emma? Not so much.
And Danger being there is even more questionable.
This team does not gel together on any level whatsoever.

...did I mention that Colossus has never looked more pathetic?

Cyclops has been portrayed as a hardcase willing to do whatever he has to. Nick Fury with a visor.
Emma was a villain and has never developed a normal moral compass.
Magneto was a straight up villain. So was Magik. So was Danger.
Colossus is obviously being whispered to by Cytorrak.

This team does gel. It's people who will do anything no matter how immoral or illegal to protect the mutant race.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand