Advertisement

Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ThatGuyRoman
User avatar
dINGO
 
Posts: 3150
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:42 am
Title: That Guy, Roman.


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:48 am

Dragavon wrote:Whatever you say. :lol:



I have to believe it's Xorn! I HAVE TO!

Advertisement

Dragavon
User avatar
Podcaster
 
Posts: 18507
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am
Location: NJ
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby Dragavon » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:52 am

Zechs wrote:
That's some wicked photo shop you have there. But that's not Magneto. :P

Grant Morrison says it is. Grant Morrison > you.
Image

ThatGuyRoman
User avatar
dINGO
 
Posts: 3150
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:42 am
Title: That Guy, Roman.


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:00 am

Grant Morrison isn't the boss of me!

Sasher McSmasher
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 27241
Likes: 1365 posts
Liked in: 607 posts
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Georgia
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:59 am

Grant Morrison is a fucking tool that tried to ruin the X-Men as a spy for DC!!
Image

SilverPhoenix
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 1650
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:28 pm
Title: Harbinger of the Ponypocalyse
Formerly: Lord Solaris, Discord


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby SilverPhoenix » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:15 am

Knuckles McSmasher wrote:Grant Morrison is a fucking tool that tried to ruin the X-Men as a spy for DC!!


That's why the X-Men franchise is so amazing right no.... Oh wait.

Except for X-Factor and Uncanny X-Force (not counting the solo titles here), I can't be arsed to read X-Men anymore, simply because the current Status-Quo makes zero sense. Why in the hell should humanity be afraid of ~179 mutants who most likely still can't even repopulate their numbers through birth (Lets not go into the fact that those numbers of anything isn't a minority, but a endangered species, or the fact that neither Scott nor Logan should be the sole arbitrators of the future of mutantdom.)

I understand people may have had problems with the execution of Grant's vision, but at the same time, he laid the foundation for what the post Claremontian (and in turn Xavier/Magneto) mutant story could look like. If I had the choice, I would've taken all of the good and bad that came with that vision (while adjusting the bad along the way), with what we have now. Not only would we have a better range of stories, the whole entire thing wouldn't feel like they're building over rubbish that's better served erased.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31799
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 13 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:21 am

If Uncanny X-Force wastes much time on this other bullshit, I'll gladly drop the one palatable Marvel book Marvel is managing each month.

Sasher McSmasher
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 27241
Likes: 1365 posts
Liked in: 607 posts
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Georgia
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:26 am

SilverPhoenix wrote:
That's why the X-Men franchise is so amazing right no.... Oh wait.

Except for X-Factor and Uncanny X-Force (not counting the solo titles here), I can't be arsed to read X-Men anymore, simply because the current Status-Quo makes zero sense. Why in the hell should humanity be afraid of ~179 mutants who most likely still can't even repopulate their numbers through birth (Lets not go into the fact that those numbers of anything isn't a minority, but a endangered species, or the fact that neither Scott nor Logan should be the sole arbitrators of the future of mutantdom.)

I understand people may have had problems with the execution of Grant's vision, but at the same time, he laid the foundation for what the post Claremontian (and in turn Xavier/Magneto) mutant story could look like. If I had the choice, I would've taken all of the good and bad that came with that vision (while adjusting the bad along the way), with what we have now. Not only would we have a better range of stories, the whole entire thing wouldn't feel like they're building over rubbish that's better served erased.


I was joking, I actually enjoyed Morrison's run up to the last arc where there were in the future.
Image

Greg
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 22138
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:17 pm
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby Greg » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:34 am

Zechs wrote:
That's some wicked photo shop you have there. But that's not Magneto. :P


Yes, it was. I'm sticking with Morrison's version.
Image
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Psivage
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8448
Likes: 33 posts
Liked in: 41 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:05 pm
Title: shake it baby, shake it good!
Formerly: Cat-Psivage


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby Psivage » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:47 am

Zechs wrote:Here's the line-up for Uncanny during Regenesis.  Spoilers ahoy.


 Magneto, Danger, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Colossus, and Magik. 





Source: Zechs Release
Written or Contributed by: LOLtron


http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/66-comics-news/15433-uncanny-x-men-1-team-fully-revealed.html/


I was thinking of getting this, but the team doesn't suit me.
Image


Image

both made by Cat-Scratch

ThatGuyRoman
User avatar
dINGO
 
Posts: 3150
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:42 am
Title: That Guy, Roman.


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:44 am

SilverPhoenix wrote:
That's why the X-Men franchise is so amazing right no.... Oh wait.

Except for X-Factor and Uncanny X-Force (not counting the solo titles here), I can't be arsed to read X-Men anymore, simply because the current Status-Quo makes zero sense. Why in the hell should humanity be afraid of ~179 mutants who most likely still can't even repopulate their numbers through birth (Lets not go into the fact that those numbers of anything isn't a minority, but a endangered species, or the fact that neither Scott nor Logan should be the sole arbitrators of the future of mutantdom.)

I understand people may have had problems with the execution of Grant's vision, but at the same time, he laid the foundation for what the post Claremontian (and in turn Xavier/Magneto) mutant story could look like. If I had the choice, I would've taken all of the good and bad that came with that vision (while adjusting the bad along the way), with what we have now. Not only would we have a better range of stories, the whole entire thing wouldn't feel like they're building over rubbish that's better served erased.



I love Morrison's run, but certain aspects of it don't really translate to mainstream continuity story. Most of it was phenomenal, but some parts worked better as out-of-continuity material.


Also. Why can't you grasp the world fearing 200 some-odd walking weapons of mass destruction? Furthermore, even if you get past their giant powers, you have to remember that prejudice and hatred rarely make sense.

If gay people all disappeared and there were only like 100 or so left, guess what, all those people who hate gay people so much? THEY'LL STILL HATE GAY PEOPLE. So I don't there's any stretch of logic there in the least, if anything, it makes complete sense that the people who hate mutants would see this as an opportunity to finally wipe the "scourge" off the face of the earth, don't give them a chance to recover, just smite them with mighty wrath of "god."

Frag
User avatar
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 36326
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 69 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby Frag » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:55 am

Well this is a team I care nothing about.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31799
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 13 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:01 pm

The full team has at least 10 members IIRC, so that isn't the full team.

cyberfrenzy
Tip Top Dancer
 
Posts: 46
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:04 am


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby cyberfrenzy » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:02 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:I love Morrison's run, but certain aspects of it don't really translate to mainstream continuity story. Most of it was phenomenal, but some parts worked better as out-of-continuity material.


Also. Why can't you grasp the world fearing 200 some-odd walking weapons of mass destruction? Furthermore, even if you get past their giant powers, you have to remember that prejudice and hatred rarely make sense.

If gay people all disappeared and there were only like 100 or so left, guess what, all those people who hate gay people so much? THEY'LL STILL HATE GAY PEOPLE. So I don't there's any stretch of logic there in the least, if anything, it makes complete sense that the people who hate mutants would see this as an opportunity to finally wipe the "scourge" off the face of the earth, don't give them a chance to recover, just smite them with mighty wrath of "god."


Good Point... The X-Men Series has brought a lot of interesting story-arcs, if you ask me, instead of just good vs bad stories....
New - But Learning

Pecs
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 2090
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:10 pm
Title: Great Ex-Pec-tations


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby Pecs » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Cyclops and Emma have been nothing but douchebags for years now and the rest of the team should have jumped ship by now.
Magneto on the same team as them? Right...
WTF IS WRONG WITH COLOSSUS?
Magik with him makes sense. With Cyke and Emma? Not so much.
And Danger being there is even more questionable.
This team does not gel together on any level whatsoever.

...did I mention that Colossus has never looked more pathetic?
Image

Dragavon
User avatar
Podcaster
 
Posts: 18507
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am
Location: NJ
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly


Re: Uncanny X-Men #1 Team Fully Revealed

Postby Dragavon » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Pecs wrote:Cyclops and Emma have been nothing but douchebags for years now and the rest of the team should have jumped ship by now.
Magneto on the same team as them? Right...
WTF IS WRONG WITH COLOSSUS?
Magik with him makes sense. With Cyke and Emma? Not so much.
And Danger being there is even more questionable.
This team does not gel together on any level whatsoever.

...did I mention that Colossus has never looked more pathetic?

Cyclops has been portrayed as a hardcase willing to do whatever he has to. Nick Fury with a visor.
Emma was a villain and has never developed a normal moral compass.
Magneto was a straight up villain. So was Magik. So was Danger.
Colossus is obviously being whispered to by Cytorrak.

This team does gel. It's people who will do anything no matter how immoral or illegal to protect the mutant race.
Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot], Zechs and 100 guests

Advertisement