Advertisement

Uncanny X-Men #7 (Unwife Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Uncanny X-Men #7 (Unwife Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:10 pm

This was probably my least favourite issue of the new UXM so far, it wasn’t bad really, but the attitudes of the ‘Good Apex’ and the ‘Bad Apex’ just got on my tits, I didn’t care about their relationship and conflict and I felt that the actual X-Men got short shrift here so that Gillen could wax lyrical about poems made of butterflies or whatever. Most of the team didn’t even show up in this issue for Professor X’s sake! I did find it quite clever that the story isn’t over even though the ‘Bad Apex’ has been defeated, that was good. I hope next issue is good to make up for this one. I think the real reason people seem to prefer W&XM over this one isn’t because that book has the supposedly ‘cooler’ characters, but that Aaron has really kept the focus on his protagonists and their setting and motives, whereas Gillen has focussed on the villains, whether Sinister or that Phalanx or now the Apex, and it means the book feels detached.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 481 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Uncanny X-Men #7 (Unwife Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:59 pm

This title lost me months ago :-|
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 416 posts

Postby GHERU » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:01 pm

I can't even get through a whole issue of this anymore
luckily this was the last of my DCBS preorders
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 416 posts

Postby GHERU » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Punchy wrote:I think the real reason people seem to prefer W&XM over this one isn’t because that book has the supposedly ‘cooler’ characters, but that Aaron has really kept the focus on his protagonists and their setting and motives, whereas Gillen has focussed on the villains, whether Sinister or that Phalanx or now the Apex, and it means the book feels detached..

maybe, I don't really know for sure

all I know is that pf all 7 issues the only one I liked was the Phalanx one-off and I have fun reading W&XM whereas this book feels like work just to get through.

Land doesn't help either - when a story feels as emotionally detached as this one does it does no one any good to have art just as stiff
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:09 pm

That synopsis or review or whatever sounded like the shittiest comic ever.

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:48 pm

It's hard to believe that there's one more issue left to finish this story

but the attitudes of the ‘Good Apex’ and the ‘Bad Apex’ just got on my tits,

Should I be reading this book as a comedy? :groucho: This was some of the worst dialogue I've ever read in a comic. :smt013

With W&XM, I'm laughing with the characters. With UXM, I'm laughing at the characters.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand