Wednesday, September 19, 2018 • Morning Edition • "We deal with the loons so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

In Unheard Of Idea, Matt Rosenberg To Bring Punisher Back To Basics

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:52 pm

In Unheard Of Idea, Matt Rosenberg To Bring Punisher Back To Basics

Picture this: Frank Castle on the street with a handgun and a knife.

Source: Marvel Comics

Matt Rosenberg is putting his own spin on The Punisher with artist Riccardo Burchielli with a new number one launching in August. With a relaunch comes a new take in which this case means Rosenberg is taking Frank Castle back to basics. Well kind of. 

In an interview with Marvel.com, avoiding Marvel's usual unofficial PR outlets, Rosenberg was interviewed by Mr. Marvel about the series.

Marvel: In the new Punisher series, Frank will no longer have the War Machine armor. Is this, then, a back-to-basics approach?

Matthew Rosenberg: In some ways yes, and in some ways no. We're going to get back to Frank Castle with a handgun and a knife, stalking the streets of New York, and getting his hands dirty. But we're also going to see a man who has changed from his time in the armor. He developed a taste for bigger game and larger targets, and he's not going to give that up easily. So in a sense it's back to basics — but on a bigger scale.

But don't view this as just another relaunch like the other 10 Punisher #1s Marvel has published in the characters 30+ year history. This will put Frank Castle back on the streets of New York, with a handgun and a knife. Unlike the other 10 Punisher #1s which had Frank Castle back on the streets of New York, with a handgun and a knife. Well, to be fair, Nathan Edmonson's run had Frank Castle on the streets of California, with a handgun and a knife.

The latest Punisher #1 is set to release August 1.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:19 pm

If I had my way, I'd put Frank Castle back on the streets of New York with a rubber chicken and a spiked dildo.
ImageImage

I can put the Punisher in the Diamond's top 3. You can contact me in this forum, Marvel.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:08 am

^ HA!

To be honest, one Punisher #1 had Frank Castle as an avenging angel.

And another #1 had the Punisher... IN SPACE!

So I'm not going to complain about Marvel being specific about the direction they're taking the Punisher in.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:27 am

Good to see Mack Bolan...er, I mean Frank Castle getting back to some good old American street violence.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:31 am

There's also a number one coming up where Frank rides a spacebike around the future with his head on fire!

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:33 am

And the one where he was a patchwork zombie creature

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:34 am

Spacedog wrote:If I had my way, I'd put Frank Castle back on the streets of New York with a rubber chicken and a spiked dildo.
ImageImage

I can put the Punisher in the Diamond's top 3. You can contact me in this forum, Marvel.

I'd be almost surprised if Ennis didn't beat you to that one in at least one panel!

rustyrusty

Garbage Collector

Postby rustyrusty » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:55 am

I can't bring myself to 'like' any of these covers. They're just not likeable.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:18 pm

rustyrusty wrote:I can't bring myself to 'like' any of these covers. They're just not likeable.

Like this one better?

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:10 am

Or this one?

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:36 am

Or this one?
(#1 in the "War Machine" arc)

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:27 am

And Spider-Man is going "back to basics" too, according to Nick Spencer. :smt102

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:55 am

Spacedog wrote:If I had my way, I'd put Frank Castle back on the streets of New York with a rubber chicken and a spiked dildo.
ImageImage

Something we've all done.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:57 am

Spacedog wrote:Or this one?

Man, that brings back memories... :drunk

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:07 pm

the characters 30+ year history

Technically that's correct (but it's really 44 years).

another relaunch like the other 10 Punisher #1s Marvel has published

Only 10? :smt017

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook