Advertisement

I, Vampire #2 (Healthy Breakfast Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Shitlord

I, Vampire #2 (Healthy Breakfast Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:16 pm

A good issue, and one that makes #1 much better in retrospect. I liked the first issue, but not as much as most people, and I think that was down to the book leaving perhaps too much left unexplained, but this issue goes into more detail about Mary, Queen Of Blood and who she is and what her plans are. I like how Fialkov is re-interpreting Vampires here, and how he’s drawing parallels with other oppressed minorities who want to rise up against persecution. It’s not a perfect allegory with black people and homosexuals because, well, as far as I know those groups don’t want to kill me and drink my blood! Although some conservatives may think differently! Hah, a little satire for you there. Sorrentino’s art is decent again, but I do think it got a bit muddled at times, All Star Western sorted out it’s ‘brown problem’ with it’s second issue, but I, Vampire hasn’t yet.

Advertisement

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Re: I, Vampire #2 (Healthy Breakfast Spoilers)

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:32 pm

I am enjoying this series, but while I think the art is good, it does have a tendency to get a bit TOO murky, I mean, at least 3 times this issue I had to double check to make sure it wasn't the protagonist who got beheaded.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand