Advertisement

I, Vampire #12 ("Lost Boys" rules? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Shitlord

I, Vampire #12 ("Lost Boys" rules? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:55 am

Stormwatch stop by for a guest-appearance in another event-packed instalment of I, Vampire. Andrew and his allies need all the help they can get taking on the zombie-vampire-vampire hunters (I’m not making that up, it makes sense) and Fialkov has a very good handle on the members of the team that show up, particularly Apollo and Midnighter. One Milligan exits that title, it would be fun to see JHF have a go. I must admit though that seeing the normally dark and gritty Andrew Sorrentino draw Apollo was a little strange. I thought it was a nice touch that Mary knew about the existence of Stormwatch, as Midnighter said, they kind of suck and staying a secret. It would be really cool to have a flashback story showing Mary’s first meeting with an older incarnation of Stormwatch. In the end, Andrew uses some more mega-magic, and somehow cures all of the other Vampires, but turns himself evil. I swear, that guys changes from evil to good every other issue, it must be exhausting. The zero issue promises to show us Andrew’s origin, that should be very cool indeed.

Advertisement

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 62 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Re: I, Vampire #12 ("Lost Boys" rules? Spoilers)

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:39 pm

OK, talk to me, Punch.

Say I want to read this book. Say I suck it up and put aside my longstanding...unease...about vampires. Because they might scare me a little. If they were real. Though I know they aren't. Hopefully. Maybe. Because they would scare me if they were.

But just say I wanted to give this a try. Is the writer doing it "by sixes," in which case if I bought the first six, I'd have a good feel for what it's all about, plus I'd hit a good endpoint to decide whether I want to continue?

Believe it or not, I actually read I, Vampire, back in the day. I liked Andrew. Mary was always a bitch. It'd be interesting to see what they're all about in a new era.

If I wasn't scared of vampires, that is. Like I might be, if somebody asked. 8)

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: I, Vampire #12 ("Lost Boys" rules? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:57 am

I'd say that picking up the first 6 issues of this title would give you a good feel for what it's like, it sets up all the characters you need to know, and #6 ends on one hell of a cliffhanger leading into the short crossover with Justice League Dark.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand