Advertisement

Venom #10 (My Condolences Buddy Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Venom #10 (My Condolences Buddy Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:07 pm

I really think this is one of the most under-rated comics out there at the moment, it’s delivering great superhero action with real emotional depth every month, and nobody is even talking about it! Is it because people think Venom is lame? Look past your pre-conceptions about symbiotes and you’ll see that Flash Thompson is a fascinating protagonist and that Remender’s work here is just as good as Uncanny X-Force. This issue picked up with Flash’s father’s funeral, and the return of the Jack O’Lantern and Crime-Master subplot, but the real meat was Venom’s fight with Captain America and subsequent theft of Cap’s Bike (which leads to the awesome cover, cover of the week for me). I can’t wait to see what kind of crazy shit Flash can get up to in Vegas. Lan Medina joined the book this issue, and whilst his style is a lot cleaner than the earthy Tony Moore, he did a strong job and the fight between Cap and Flash was very kinetic. Seriously, buy this book, there’s no ‘Lethal Protector’ bull-shit, just bloody good comics.

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 10 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Venom #10 (My Condolences Buddy Spoilers)

Postby MistaT » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:22 pm

This has been a really good series so far. For someone who has been waiting for years for Flash to get into the superhero biz this has been worth the wait.

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Re: Venom #10 (My Condolences Buddy Spoilers)

Postby DMM » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:28 pm

I love this series.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand