Advertisement

Venom #16 (Naked Lady Party Yacht Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Venom #16 (Naked Lady Party Yacht Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Another great issue of Venom, and this time with guest-art from the excellent Kev Walker! This issue brought back the disgusting Human Fly and used him to great effect, even though you could kind of see the twist that he didn’t have a son coming. I also liked the guest-appearance from Hobgoblin (insert your rant about how much you hate Phil Urich here), his craziness is a good fit for this title, and it set up a cool parallel between Kingpin and Hobgoblin and Crime-Master and Jack O’Lantern, each boss has their own crazy flaming assassin. I’m guessing that Venom is going to get caught in the middle of a gang-war in the near future. I was kind of disappointed that this issue didn’t really deal with Flash’s emotions after being dumped by Betty last month, but when I think back on it, this issue did reflect a change in Flash’s demeanour, it was a way of showing, not telling, how he’s changed. But then that could also be down to his now being an Avenger. Next issue is the ‘Savage Six’, that should be good.

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 131 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Venom #16 (Naked Lady Party Yacht Spoilers)

Postby Zechs » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:32 pm

The issue did deal with Flash's emotions. Why else do you think he bought the story of the Human Fly's so easily? Phil was alright here. He should have owned Flash but.. well Phil being Phil he got owned instead.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:47 am

Kev Walker seems to be getting used to the Marvel style. Big fan of his art.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 80 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:01 pm

A party yacht? Were the Minnesota Vikings there?

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand