Advertisement

Venom #15 (Sell it calm Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Venom #15 (Sell it calm Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:19 am

Wow, this was another stellar issue, this book is so underrated it’s unbelievable, I can’t believe so few people discuss it online. After a month of hell-bound fun, we’re back down to Earth as Flash deals with the impact of his going off the wagon and how it’s basically ruined his life. I love how Remender contrasts the real-life drama of Flash’s personal life with the crazy shenanigans of his joining the Secret Avengers. His conversations with his mother, Betty Brant and Peter Parker in this issue were all fantastic, and show how this title is kind of a dark reflection of Spider-Man. I can’t wait to see how much more Flash can screw up his life, or maybe he’ll turn it all around and bone Valkyrie! The scenes in the Secret Avengers HQ were very well done, Remender is brilliant at writing Beast, and I loved the contrast between what Flash says and what he’s thinking. Those scenes also beg the question of what will happen if Peter ever finds out that Venom is an Avenger, sparks are going to fly. This title really is fantastic, and I can’t recommend it enough, I haven’t even gotten around the mentioning the subplot of Eddie Brock going around and killing other symbiotes like Hybrid yet, that has to be building to something big. Basically, if you like Spider-Man, buy this book, it’s like that book, but if Aunt May died and MJ hated Peter and he was an alcoholic, Dark Spidey. With guns.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand