Advertisement

Venom #20 (So talk Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Venom #20 (So talk Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:24 am

It seems pretty sadistic to say this, but I’m really disappointed that Human Fly didn’t eat Flash’s mother. That would have been the darkest thing I’d ever seen in a Marvel Comic, and while I am annoyed that Remender and Bunn backed away from it, the rest of this issue had plenty of stuff that was equally fucked-up and shocking. I just love how far this book is willing to go. The fight in this issue between Venom and Death Adder was brilliantly done, the way Flash’s disorientation was expressed, and then at the end… Venom just breaks Death Adder’s neck. And that’s not all! Because Venom tracks down Human Fly and tortures the hell out of him, ripping out his wings. This is our hero! Most books about so-called ‘anti-heroes’ are kind of half-hearted, the hero is a jerk but never actually does anything that bad, but Venom is really pushing things here, and we still don’t know how much of what he’s doing is down to Flash himself or just the Symbiote. The other shocking thing about this issue was the revelation of just who the new Crime Master is… it’s Bennet Brant, Betty’s brother who’s supposedly dead. It’s a cool idea, and one that really brings the villain close to home for Flash. He could end up defeating his arch-enemy but in the process losing his girlfriend forever.

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 0 post
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Venom #20 (So talk Spoilers)

Postby MistaT » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:52 pm

One of my favorite books by Marvel right now.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand