Advertisement

Villains for HIre #0.1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Villains for HIre #0.1

Postby Starlord » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:08 pm

This was not what I was expecting but I loved it! New title starts off like the old and then throws a wonderful curveball at the end. Thank you Abnett and Lanning for being you. This book makes me happy to be a comic book geek.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 104 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Re: Villains for HIre #1

Postby Punchy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:10 pm

This was #0.1 fyi

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Villains for HIre #1

Postby Starlord » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Oh. Well then my opinion on this book has changed drastically. :roll:

(But thanks for the heads up) :)

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 104 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Re: Villains for HIre #0.1

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:45 am

Just as I suspected, this was basically a direct continuation of Heroes For Hire, and the same quality that was evident there was on show here. I just love the crazy missions that DnA put these characters on, and the diverse range of Marvel characters they use. It was great to see Black Panther show up and Daimon Hellstrom was particularly hilarious in this issue. Oh, and the idea of a Lady Stilt-Man is just genius, in the era of Lady Bullseye it’s a brilliant parody. Renato Arlem’s art was solid, and looks completely different from the last time I saw his work, where he used a Maleev-esque style. The man’s a chameleon! The last few pages of this issue set up the actual Villains For Hire storyline, which is certainly intriguing, Purple Man is always a slippery character.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 872 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:17 pm

Starlord wrote:This was not what I was expecting but I loved it! New title starts off like the old and then throws a wonderful curveball at the end. Thank you Abnett and Lanning for being you. This book makes me happy to be a comic book geek.

The curveball:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
starlord is praising a Marvel book

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 253 posts
Title: Bitch, I'm fabulous
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:31 pm

That's Lady Stilt-Man in that pic? I was already sold seeing Stilt-Man there, but now I gotta check this out.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:37 pm

I liked this. :)

I can't wait to see Misty's Heroes for Hire confront the Purple Man's Villains for Hire.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Punchy wrote:Just as I suspected, this was basically a direct continuation of Heroes For Hire, and the same quality that was evident there was on show here. I just love the crazy missions that DnA put these characters on, and the diverse range of Marvel characters they use. It was great to see Black Panther show up and Daimon Hellstrom was particularly hilarious in this issue. Oh, and the idea of a Lady Stilt-Man is just genius, in the era of Lady Bullseye it’s a brilliant parody. Renato Arlem’s art was solid, and looks completely different from the last time I saw his work, where he used a Maleev-esque style. The man’s a chameleon! The last few pages of this issue set up the actual Villains For Hire storyline, which is certainly intriguing, Purple Man is always a slippery character.

Agreed, I thought she was great. :)

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand