Advertisement

Wanna know who dies in this week's Avengers Arena? SPOILERS

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 48 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Re: Wanna know who dies in this week's Avengers Arena? SPOIL

Postby Eli Katz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:03 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I don't know who that is.

Me either. Even after Chap's explanation.

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 120 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:19 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Motherfucker!!!!!! :smt013

Pretty much the response many have had with this.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 158 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:36 pm

I never liked Runaways after BKV left it so I'm not too broken up about this. It's a good story though which I'm really enjoying.

Combining this with it getting people ranting like nutjobs on the internet....we need more books like this on the market which combine good writing with controversy.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 248 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Runaways always sucked. Can't believe it was written by the same guy who did y the last man

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 158 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Rockman wrote:Runaways always sucked. Can't believe it was written by the same guy who did y the last man

Crack kills.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 248 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Sorry dairy made me read the first tpb a few years ago. I found out very generic

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 47 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:16 pm

Rockman wrote:Runaways always sucked. Can't believe it was written by the same guy who did y the last man

:smt011

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:03 am

Holy crap! Hopeless killed Nico! When this book was announced, I kind of assumed that some of the bigger names, like X-23 and The Runaways would be the ones who escaped death. No way would they kill those dudes off, they are too popular. But now… Nico Minoru is dead and Tumblr is weeping. I don’t really understand why, she’s a Runaway, that book was never shy about killing off it’s characters, Alex bought the farm, so did Gert. Hell, I’d even go as far to say that part of the reason why that book was so good was that BKV wasn’t afraid to kill people. Death in comics is always going to be there, and freaking out about it misses the point, if the death is well written, then it’s fine. And this death was well written.

Picking up from last issue, where Katy has killed Juston and disappeared with the Sentinel and Death-Locket, Nico’s group of survivors goes after her, leading to some carnage. Nico manages to get everyone else to safety, but then comes the twist… Katy has managed to gain control over the Darkhawk armour! Chase/Darkhawk blasts Nico’s hand off and she is left for dead. I think it’s great that Hopeless has, with Katy, introduced a villain to this series that isn’t just Arcade. If all of the contestants in Murder World were straight-up heroes, then it would be too easy for them all to just team-up. But throw in another villain? Nobody is safe. Especially when she has control of 3 very powerful weapons.

The art for this issue is by Riccardo Burchielli, which is awesome. I was a huge fan of his work with Brian Wood on DMZ and Northlanders, so it’s great to see him getting work at Marvel. It’s a shame that Kev Walker needs fill-ins, but man, the quality has been good. This series continues to be excellent, as I said, nobody is safe, not even Nico Minoru, but she got to go out as a hero, saving everyone else, and heck, there’s even the slight possibility that she will survive. I doubt it, but you never know.

Look, I was a huge Runaways fan back when I was a teen and it was originally coming out, but you’ve got to grow up sometime, and now… her death makes me sad, but I’m not going to throw a tantrum about it. This is a great comic because of the threat of death, even to the bigger names, Nico had to die so that this title could sustain itself, and man, it’s only going to get better! (or worse, I suppose)

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 57 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:11 am

I'm a little behind on it, but I've enjoyed the series.

I don't love the premise entirely, but again, I understand it. I think Hopeless has done a good job with it, and I need to take a few hours to read them all again.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand