Thursday, September 29, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Resistance is futile."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Want cheap Showcase editions?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat May 10, 2008 1:51 am

Look on Amazon.com.

I'm seeing a BUNCH of them in the 11-12 dollar range!

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat May 10, 2008 2:39 am

Thanks for the heads up! I will have to check that out. I've been wanting to get the Teen Titans and Brave and the Bold Showcases.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat May 10, 2008 2:43 am

starlord wrote:Thanks for the heads up! I will have to check that out. I've been wanting to get the Teen Titans and Brave and the Bold Showcases.

I just picked up Booster Gold, and pre-ordered Batman vol 4 and GL vol 3, all for $11.55 each!

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat May 10, 2008 2:45 am

Lord Simian wrote:I just picked up Booster Gold, and pre-ordered Batman vol 4 and GL vol 3, all for $11.55 each!

:o Damn! and here I'm trying to save money for my two conventions this summer. Oh well, that's why there's credit. :-D

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat May 10, 2008 2:49 am

starlord wrote::o Damn! and here I'm trying to save money for my two conventions this summer. Oh well, that's why there's credit. :-D

My VERY thought!!! :D

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Sat May 10, 2008 7:41 pm

Showcases rock. DC's doing a good thing with those.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat May 10, 2008 10:06 pm

Zenguru wrote:Showcases rock. DC's doing a good thing with those.

Yep! But to be fair, they also rocked ten years ago, when Marvel called them Essentials. :)

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat May 10, 2008 10:50 pm

The Showcases are nice, but I want a to see more Chronicles series. Like one for the Justice Society.

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Sat May 10, 2008 11:51 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Yep! But to be fair, they also rocked ten years ago, when Marvel called them Essentials. :)
Indeed. But Essentials has fallen off the deck lately, haven't they? They've put out a few good volumes in FF, Defenders, Captain America and so on. But why are they doing stuff like Marvel Saga? And why not first put out great stuff like Sub-Mariner and Nick Fury? I see they finally have a Captain Marvel Essential coming out, but they need to get on the stick. There's still so much great 60's and 70's stuff they could do and is just ignored.

Of course, there's some that Marvel cannot do. I don't think we'll ever see a Master of Kung Fu Essential. Sax Rohmer's estate probably wouldn't allow it. A shame, because I would truly love to see Mike Zeck's early stuff in that book.

And GCom tells me Iron Fist is out of print. What's up with that? I looked all over Pittsburgh Comicon for a copy of that and came up bupkiss.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun May 11, 2008 12:05 am

Zenguru wrote:Indeed. But Essentials has fallen off the deck lately, haven't they? They've put out a few good volumes in FF, Defenders, Captain America and so on. But why are they doing stuff like Marvel Saga? And why not first put out great stuff like Sub-Mariner and Nick Fury? I see they finally have a Captain Marvel Essential coming out, but they need to get on the stick. There's still so much great 60's and 70's stuff they could do and is just ignored.

Of course, there's some that Marvel cannot do. I don't think we'll ever see a Master of Kung Fu Essential. Sax Rohmer's estate probably wouldn't allow it. A shame, because I would truly love to see Mike Zeck's early stuff in that book.

And GCom tells me Iron Fist is out of print. What's up with that? I looked all over Pittsburgh Comicon for a copy of that and came up bupkiss.

That's nothing. Conan is outta print as well, which makes sense, since I think Dark Horse actually has rights to those issues now.... and that's fine.

Except I LOVED my Essential Conan. And a goddamn puppy chewed mine up. :evil:

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun May 11, 2008 1:35 am

the only thinig that drives me crazy about the Showcases and the Essentials are that they are in black and white. I want to see the cool colors. Still, I have all the Avengers Essentials. Great, great stuff.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun May 11, 2008 1:41 am

starlord wrote:the only thinig that drives me crazy about the Showcases and the Essentials are that they are in black and white. I want to see the cool colors. Still, I have all the Avengers Essentials. Great, great stuff.

See, again, I love that they are in B&W. But maybe that's my love of original art.

I have the Avengers DVD ROM, every issue from 1 til just after Dissassembled. Great stuff, indeed. :)

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Sun May 11, 2008 4:19 pm

Lord Simian wrote:That's nothing. Conan is outta print as well, which makes sense, since I think Dark Horse actually has rights to those issues now.... and that's fine.

Except I LOVED my Essential Conan. And a goddamn puppy chewed mine up. :evil:
Well, then, you should check out Dark Horse's version of Essential. They're putting out volumes of Savage Sword of Conan right now. Two of them have come out. I am awaiting the third.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun May 11, 2008 7:11 pm

Are they phonebook sized essentials? Cause I know they did the color trades....

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Sun May 11, 2008 9:37 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Are they phonebook sized essentials?
Yes!

Priced at $17.99.

leave a comment with facebook