Advertisement

War of the Green Lanterns Aftermath #1 *Spoilers*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

War of the Green Lanterns Aftermath #1 *Spoilers*

Postby Zechs » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:00 am

Blue Smurf Dickery continues!!

Really this whole issue is dickery on a grand scale. The best part though is the beginning with Hal falling to his knees saying he's a nobody now. I am so saving that. Anyway arguments abound with Kilowog resigning as GL before Salaak informing everyone that they all have mental stress impairing their judgement. So the level of dickery moments are:

- The Guardians though are still in uber dick mode as Sinestro wants to be rid of his GL ring, but the ring won't allow it and they want to know the reason why the ring chose him again. During this brief period Natu blows up on Kyle stating dealing with Sinestro is, "HER BUSINESS! Not his."

..... Ouch. Yeah they're so going to splitsville in this aftermath stuff.

- The Guardians slam the freaking door in Salaak's face.

- Anyway John and some GLs are assessing the death and damage of Mogo when the later turn on John. Kyle shows up and talks them out of it but then Kyle and John have heated words with Kyle leaving.

- Hanu brushing off more GLs quitting their posts due to this event when Natu tries to convince some to return. But Hanu pulls her asside because John wants to talk to her. A telepathic GL has met with John telling him that the Guardians are so into their emotions right now and utterly fearful of the entire Corps due to Hal killing Krona. So they all plan the next course of action.. kill Sinestro. WTF?!

Really the only good moment of this entire comic was the Ganthet lamenting on how shattered the corps are before Saint Walker appears to give him a pep talk and restore his lost hand.

I only bought this due to it was in my pull and I didn't even realize it till I got back home. God this was a bunch of bullshit. I mean seeing Hal utterly crushed was sweet and all, but other then the Ganthet moment this whole issue blew. It has a rushed deus ex machina explanation on where characters will be heading come September. I can see why John or Guy can have mental fatigue, but freaking Kyle too? Why? He possessed the Hope ring. Yeah reading this issue so helped me realize how stupid a lot of the world of GL verse will be once September hits.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: War of the Green Lanterns Aftermath #1 *Spoilers*

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:50 am

I was really hoping the crossover would end with all the Guardians except Ganthet being dead. Instead they are back and more cuntish than ever. Blerg.

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:20 am

Something needs to be done about the Guardians

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 140 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:00 am

Zechs wrote:- The Guardians slam the freaking door in Salaak's face.

This was the best moment of the comic!

about time that brown noser got what was coming to him :lol:

Skyrider
Flying Mongoose

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Voice of Reason

Postby Skyrider » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 am

Wow John, way to be a dick. Dude acts like Kyle never had to make a hard choice or hold the fucking line the 10 years he was the only GL in space.

Lets take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

Also, I should point out that Salaak is the only person keeping the Corps together and has been for some time. I don't see him as a brown-noser, I see him as a middle management guy that realizes his bosses are fucking insane and he has to placate them to a certain point in order to hold things together and keep the company running.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:32 am

Yeah Salaak is the glue holding the corp together. But damn is John a dick. This issue totally made me hate his character and lose any enjoyment with him.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 360 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:45 am

did a guardian really say that krona was "snuffed?" For a group of people who seem to look down on humans they really like to use the english language

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:11 am

e_galston wrote:did a guardian really say that krona was "snuffed?" For a group of people who seem to look down on humans they really like to use the english language

It's clearly shown how emotional and more dickish the Guardians are in this issue.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 360 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:12 am

for some reason that line just ruined the book for me.

Skyrider
Flying Mongoose

Title: Voice of Reason

Postby Skyrider » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 am

Well it's a decent reference to snuffing out a candle, which is the original source of the slang.

That said, even with universal translators I can see where it would strike an odd chord.

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:24 pm

First off, I really hope that in the near future, Salaak is the one to tell the Guardians that their services are no longer required. As has already been pointed out a couple of times, he's been the one running the show for a long time.

This issue just felt all over the place. No focus. No real importance. Even the scene with Ganthet and Saint Walker felt muted. It was just a big pile of "meh".

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:51 am

Even though I was down on the actual event, I think the status-quo left over after War Of The Green Lanterns is really interesting. Yes, Sinestro being a GL is fucking retarded, but everyone in the comic realises it too. I also liked seeing Hal Jordan taking down a peg and reduced to nothing, hah, take that you douche! All the stuff with the Guardians was creepy and worrying, but I’m betting they’re going to die soon. I think the most exciting thing about this new world is that Krona’s new GLs were randomly killing innocents, this is really going to mess with the reputation of the Corps, I’m betting they won’t be able to operate with the freedom they used to. It’s a shame this issue was an artistic mish-mash, Sepulveda isn’t an artist you’d usually associated with Green Lantern, and his style was very different to the usual sleek art we get, but I did like how he rendered the GL energy, and how he drew Kilowog was awesome.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand