Advertisement

War of the Scotts: Snyder Gets Lobdell Fired From Red Hood and the Outlaws?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Re: Scott Lobdell off Red Hood?

Postby The Bass » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:24 am

The Nacireman wrote:
Shows you how much power Snyder is hopefully gaining over at DC. Batman sales would be nowhere near where they are right now if another one of Jim Lee and Bob Harras's buddies were handling the writing duties.

No, but maybe the book would be readable, and we wouldnt have a toxic crossover ruining every other book.

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 165 posts

Re: War of the Scotts: Snyder Gets Lobdell Fired From Red Ho

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:05 am

doombug wrote:AT I like you but...you do know how fucked up and fanboyish this comes off as right?

There's a difference between not liking what someone is working on and wishing that they were no longer working. :smt011

It worked for us when we wished Chuck Austen into oblivion. I dont hear anyone complaining about that.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:42 am

avengingtitan wrote:It worked for us when we wished Chuck Austen into oblivion. I dont hear anyone complaining about that.

hate to say it but I cannot find fault in that logic.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:28 am

I may actually have to try Red Hood. I like what I've read of Talon so far.

Considering Lobdell is currently writing four books, he probably just stepped away from one to focus on the others. What I read in Superman 13, he's got a halfway decent handle on the characters.

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 108 posts

Postby Lord Ice » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:30 am

avengingtitan wrote:It worked for us when we wished Chuck Austen into oblivion. I dont hear anyone complaining about that.

That's cause I'm not a confrontational person and it's easier to for me to shut up rather than argue with fantrolls. :P

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 62 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:17 pm

I certainly don't know why Scott Lobdell is off "Red Hood," and it certainly is most likely that he just wanted to manage his workload after picking up Superman.

But one thing that has been touched on in this thread is absolutely true: If you move enough product in this line of work to the degree where you're "needed," at some point, you get to do whatever the fuck you want. Some guys turn it into their dream assignments, some guys turn it into creator-owned kingdoms, some guys turn it into power at a publisher.

But it's absolutely been that way ever since I was a kid, even moreso when Image was formed. So, yeah. There's no doubt in my mind that Scott Snyder is calling some shit over at DC. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind about that. He moves too much product for them for it to be otherwise -- keep in mind the last guy who moved as much product as Snyder is now DC's Chief Creative Officer, seewhatI'msaying?

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 291 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:42 pm

But is Scott Snyder getting points on the package?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 840 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm

The Bass wrote:Amazing that these total nobodies are getting work because they're friends with Snyder.

Better that a group of "nobodies" who are as talented as Snyder's "friends" get to work on DC's book than a group of has-beens who trampled all over the industry in the 90's. :smt102
ImageImageImage

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:09 pm

I don't have a problem with Scott Snyder getting his friends in the door if they're good writers

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 224 posts

Postby GHERU » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:51 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I'd take the word of this one industry insider who never gets these things wrong over anyone.

not sure if this was directed at me, but Johnson wasn't the liar I was referring to
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 199 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:20 pm

GHERU wrote:not sure if this was directed at me, but Johnson wasn't the liar I was referring to

The link to that line points to a Bass post.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 224 posts

Postby GHERU » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:27 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
The link to that line points to a Bass post.

ahhh
maybe I should have, I don't know, read the damn thing
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 272 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:41 pm

Grayson wrote:
Better that a group of "nobodies" who are as talented as Snyder's "friends" get to work on DC's book than a group of has-beens who trampled all over the industry in the 90's. :smt102

This is true.

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 277 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:59 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:But one thing that has been touched on in this thread is absolutely true: If you move enough product in this line of work to the degree where you're "needed," at some point, you get to do whatever the fuck you want. Some guys turn it into their dream assignments, some guys turn it into creator-owned kingdoms, some guys turn it into power at a publisher.

But it's absolutely been that way ever since I was a kid, even moreso when Image was formed. So, yeah. There's no doubt in my mind that Scott Snyder is calling some shit over at DC. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind about that. He moves too much product for them for it to be otherwise -- keep in mind the last guy who moved as much product as Snyder is now DC's Chief Creative Officer, seewhatI'msaying?

Protection from Editors

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:58 pm

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand