Advertisement

War of the Scotts: Snyder Gets Lobdell Fired From Red Hood and the Outlaws?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Scott Lobdell off Red Hood?

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Uncle Rich reporting Scott Lobdell is off Red Hood & The Outlaws, and being replaced by James Thynion IV.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/01/scott-lobdell-off-red-hood-and-the-outlaws-james-tynion-iv-on/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Advertisement

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Re: Scott Lobdell off Red Hood?

Postby The Bass » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Amazing that these total nobodies are getting work because they're friends with Snyder.

Man, what's Lobdell left with?

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 284 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Meh, Scott Lobdell is off in general. :P

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby The Bass » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Really? Because of all of Bob Harras' mates who he's parachuted into DC, I've found him the most tolerable.

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 284 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:46 pm

The Bass wrote:Really? Because of all of Bob Harras' mates who he's parachuted into DC, I've found him the most tolerable.

As many people keep saying about other aspects of current DC: That's a very low bar to set. ;)

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:40 pm

The Bass wrote:Amazing that these total nobodies are getting work because they're friends with Snyder.

Shows you how much power Snyder is hopefully gaining over at DC. Batman sales would be nowhere near where they are right now if another one of Jim Lee and Bob Harras's buddies were handling the writing duties.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 651 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:53 pm

The Bass wrote:Amazing that these total nobodies are getting work because they're friends with Snyder.

Snyder really has made a great recovery after being fired from the flagship Detective Comics.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Rumor has it Scott Snyder lackey James Tynion IV Esquire will take over Red Hood and the Outlaws with issue #18.

Source: Bleeding Cool

Bad news for the dozens of fans of Scott Lobdell's Red Hood and the Outlaws. The writer is rumored to be done with the book, being replaced by James Tynion IV with issue #18, presumably thanks to the influence of Scott Snyder, the sixth most powerful man at DC Comics and Tynion's biggest supporter, at least according to one industry insider who never gets these things wrong. The questionably necessary book, categorized by DC as part of the Bat Family but really more of a Teen Titans Xtreme, was attacked by nosy feminists from its launch because, for some reason, people found the notion of a bikini-clad Starfire fucking everything with a pulse somewhat objectionable.

"I'm not sure why people were so upset," said Lobdell in an interview that took place in our imagination. "All I wanted to do was tell stories that would leave a permanent mark on the characters. Look at what Jim Shooter did to Hank Pym. No one can look at the character without thinking, 'wife-beater.' Now no one will ever see ol' Kinky Kori without thinking about what a shameless skank she is. I've accomplished my mission."

Lobdell then wiped his ass with an issue of Marv Wolfman and George Perez's seminal Teen Titans run.

We also held an imaginary conversation with DC head honcho Dan Didio, who responded with a question of his own. "You need an explanation for why we replaced Lobdell on Red Hood and the Outlaws?" the mustachioed villain asked us. "Really?"

We then spoke fictitiously with another DC exec, Geoff Johns, who we found in his office with the lights dimmed, playing with an Aquaman action figure. "I had nothing to do with this," Johns told us sincerely. "But I'm not going to pretend I'm not relieved. Lobdell was writing almost as many books as me. We can't have that, can we."

We also attempted to speak to the final member of DC's unholy executive trinity, Jim Lee, but the artist wasn't in his office, and all we found after sweeping away the cobwebs was a note that read, "Off to work on more important stuff like video games. Be back in 2015."

Tynion is currently the writer of DC's Talon, so even if all 37 readers of Red Hood drop the book in protest, so long as Tynion can bring his own 43 fans over from Talon, the book will actually come out ahead.

This reporter enjoyed Lobdell's work on Superboy and continues to enjoy his work on Teen Titans and Superman, but found Red Hood to be a little bit juvenile for my tastes, which, coming from me, is really saying something. As far as we know, Lobdell will continue on Superman and Titans, unless Snyder decides to crush him completely with his growing influence.

Keep in mind that this story comes from Rich Johnston, who has been under constant attack from internet pundits and message board posters for the past two weeks, so, because we enjoy kicking a man when he's down, we'd just like to remind you that this may just be a false rumor and that Johnston is a big, fat jerk.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 226 posts

Re: War of the Scotts: Snyder Gets Lobdell Fired From Red Ho

Postby GHERU » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:00 pm

so, besides unfounded lies from a known liar, is there anything out there that says Synder had anything to do with this?
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 274 posts

Postby Draco x » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 pm

I love these posts from Loltron. A good way to start the new year with something like this to make me roll over with laughter.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 199 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:31 pm

I'd take the word of this one industry insider who never gets these things wrong over anyone.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:32 pm

I like Talon so I'm sort of interested but I really find Red Hood to be a dull character so I'll probably end up passing.

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 109 posts

Postby Lord Ice » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Guess this would be the consolation prize for failing to get Gail Simone off Batgirl. :smt005

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 165 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:20 am

Almost anyone is better then Lobdell. Now if we can get him off Teen Titans, Superman, and Superboy and back into being unemployed.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 116 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:49 am

avengingtitan wrote:Almost anyone is better then Lobdell. Now if we can get him off Teen Titans, Superman, and Superboy and back into being unemployed.

AT I like you but...you do know how fucked up and fanboyish this comes off as right?

There's a difference between not liking what someone is working on and wishing that they were no longer working. :smt011

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand