Sunday, October 21, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Where your childhood dreams don't have to die alone."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Warner Bros. Creates New Global Brand Division Which Encompasses DC

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Amoebas wrote:
I call bullshit.

All it seems you (and a handful of others) do is bitch about DC and beg for Didio and others to get canned. And unlike your use of the word "anytime" it's more like "every time".

You ask Iv to look "deep down" about his motives when you, are so invested in despising Didio, that you automatically take anything and turn it negative. Maybe it's you that should look in a mirror.

Here's a simple fact - I enjoy more DC Comics than Marvel. I probably get 40 DC books a month to Marvel's 5. That's not because I'm an apologist, it's because I simply enjoy their products more. Were Marvel to produce more comics I could enjoy, I'd add them as well. What I don't do is jump into any Marvel related thread calling for Quesada & Brevoort to get fired.

You're bullying Iv with shit like 'you make me laugh' and 'deep down you know I'm right' is a bunch of crap. Iv is right. You are right. That's the beauty of having opinions. But only one of you is calling for people to be fired just because you don't like a product that no one says you have to like. And that - is why I call bull shit.


Nailed it! I
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Draco x wrote:
There is a difference between understanding a sales environment and just being an apologist for a company anytime someone dares say something bad about that particular company on OH. To me I find a lot of your defense of DC good comedy and I usually laugh it off and spin it into a joke afterwards. However, you are using Syxxpaxx's talking points now and you're better than that as you can come up with a better response than this. You deep down know that what you said isn't true as you can't even say that with a straight face that Didio and his goon-squad have done any real good at DC. If you're being paid to do damage control for them here on OH, just be honest about it and I won't hold it against you. Even Syxx deep down didn't believe most of what he said about Didio and whoever else he was caping for on this forum and you don't believe what you're saying either.


Yes, there is a difference between understanding a sales environment and just being an apologist. I wasn't apologizing for anything that DC did. I quoted a sales statistic which is public information and quite easily verified.
By the way, what if an acquaintance of mine visited two of your stores and found the conditions of the bathrooms deplorable. He then returns 2 weeks later and found no change or improvement. He then claimed that he couldn't eat after that and left. After a considerable amount of time with no improvement wouldn't McDonalds Corporate (located in Chicago's West Loop) do something about this? Wouldn't you, or the real person in charge, be fired ? This is sales impacting after all.
User avatar

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:40 pm

I've been making a conscious effort to not shit on WB/DC, 'cos I realized that they are way better than me at that.
Image

I don't know how someone can deny the all awful "synergies" between their comics and films. The Justice League film, for example, was undoubtedly influenced by The New 52. It's all there: bad dialogue, weak plot points, poor characterization, the forced inclusion of Cyborg as a JLA founding member. And I won't even mention Suicide Squad.

That "there's nothing to see here" attitude from some DC fans is a bit disconcerting.
User avatar

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:10 pm

Spacedog wrote:I've been making a conscious effort to not shit on WB/DC, 'cos I realized that they are way better than me at that.
Image

I don't know how someone can deny the all awful "synergies" between their comics and films. The Justice League film, for example, was undoubtedly influenced by The New 52. It's all there: bad dialogue, weak plot points, poor characterization, the forced inclusion of Cyborg as a JLA founding member. And I won't even mention Suicide Squad.

That "there's nothing to see here" attitude from some DC fans is a bit disconcerting.


Nailed it! :lol:
User avatar

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Amoebas wrote:
I call bullshit.

All it seems you (and a handful of others) do is bitch about DC and beg for Didio and others to get canned. And unlike your use of the word "anytime" it's more like "every time".

You ask Iv to look "deep down" about his motives when you, are so invested in despising Didio, that you automatically take anything and turn it negative. Maybe it's you that should look in a mirror.

Here's a simple fact - I enjoy more DC Comics than Marvel. I probably get 40 DC books a month to Marvel's 5. That's not because I'm an apologist, it's because I simply enjoy their products more. Were Marvel to produce more comics I could enjoy, I'd add them as well. What I don't do is jump into any Marvel related thread calling for Quesada & Brevoort to get fired.

You're bullying Iv with shit like 'you make me laugh' and 'deep down you know I'm right' is a bunch of crap. Iv is right. You are right. That's the beauty of having opinions. But only one of you is calling for people to be fired just because you don't like a product that no one says you have to like. And that - is why I call bull shit.


I would take this response more seriously if you obviously weren't acting as IVCNB4's cheerleader. Granted, this response was much better than his but you're just acting as back-up and nothing more.
User avatar

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
I love how you're acting like Ivy has a credibility problem. Especially not, when compared to you and Sporkbot. :smt005


And I do love that you're pretending that you're not being another one of Ivy's cheerleaders like Amoebas is. Whatever criticisms you have of what I said doesn't sound anywhere as sad as you just being back-up for someone else that doesn't agree with what I said here. If you feel you got some kind of win caping for him then that's fine by me but at least try not to act as someone's parrot next time.
User avatar

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:42 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Yes, there is a difference between understanding a sales environment and just being an apologist. I wasn't apologizing for anything that DC did. I quoted a sales statistic which is public information and quite easily verified.
By the way, what if an acquaintance of mine visited two of your stores and found the conditions of the bathrooms deplorable. He then returns 2 weeks later and found no change or improvement. He then claimed that he couldn't eat after that and left. After a considerable amount of time with no improvement wouldn't McDonalds Corporate (located in Chicago's West Loop) do something about this? Wouldn't you, or the real person in charge, be fired ? This is sales impacting after all.


Now this was at least a funnier response but let me help you to make it better.

IVCNB4:


Your statement is ridiculous! It is stupid! And I am sick of you saying bad things about Dan Didio and DC. I will have you know that Didio is one of the greatest men in history! In fact, when Jesus was born in a manger, Didio was the 4th Wise Man that visited him but no one gives him credit because of haters like you! I bet your ancestors erased Didio from history and only gave credit to the 3 other Wise Men but I am here to tell you that Didio is a gift from heaven. When Didio dies, I will go to the Holy Church and order that they cannonize him as a saint and I will lead the charge to start the Church Of St. Didio. And also, I don't work for DC like you haters claim I do-I will let you know they donate to my School Of Sarcasm and they give scholarships to all my students and some of them will be ordained ministers in the Church Of St. Didio in the future. So if you say anything bad about him or DC, I shall go to school on you as I'm the Dean Of Sarcasm and I will go to class on you!
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:42 pm

Spacedog wrote:I've been making a conscious effort to not shit on WB/DC, 'cos I realized that they are way better than me at that.

I don't know how someone can deny the all awful "synergies" between their comics and films. The Justice League film, for example, was undoubtedly influenced by The New 52. It's all there: bad dialogue, weak plot points, poor characterization, the forced inclusion of Cyborg as a JLA founding member. And I won't even mention Suicide Squad.

That "there's nothing to see here" attitude from some DC fans is a bit disconcerting.


Fair points but I'm not quite sure how it relates to this particular topic. As you are aware we are discussing the the merits of Draco's almost weekly demands to fire Didio, Lee and Johns all because of the 2011 reboot. They took a gamble, and lost. They attempted a course correction which many readers (other than the Vendetta brigade) would say worked. But let's face it, you can't please everyone every time.

Bigger gambles and strategies with considerably larger risks have been played at much larger companies over the years. It's not common to fire upper management for something like this that was corrected down the road, especially since DC wasn't thrown in to any type of unrecoverable economic distress or Corporate Collapse. They recovered any sales downturns they did suffer.
That's not an apology. It's fact.
User avatar

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Spacedog wrote:I've been making a conscious effort to not shit on WB/DC, 'cos I realized that they are way better than me at that.
Image

I don't know how someone can deny the all awful "synergies" between their comics and films. The Justice League film, for example, was undoubtedly influenced by The New 52. It's all there: bad dialogue, weak plot points, poor characterization, the forced inclusion of Cyborg as a JLA founding member. And I won't even mention Suicide Squad.

That "there's nothing to see here" attitude from some DC fans is a bit disconcerting.


To quote Nocturne and Achilles: Nailed it!
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Classy, Draco. Snapping back like some vicious teenage girl devolving to immature name calling only reinforces the idea that you can't support your position because the facts clearly state otherwise.

You are an adult, correct? If you aren't or you are a very young adult in an entry-level position somewhere then that might explain your apparent lack of seasoned business and financial knowledge.
User avatar

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Spacedog wrote:I've been making a conscious effort to not shit on WB/DC, 'cos I realized that they are way better than me at that.
Image

I don't know how someone can deny the all awful "synergies" between their comics and films. The Justice League film, for example, was undoubtedly influenced by The New 52. It's all there: bad dialogue, weak plot points, poor characterization, the forced inclusion of Cyborg as a JLA founding member. And I won't even mention Suicide Squad.

That "there's nothing to see here" attitude from some DC fans is a bit disconcerting.


On another note, that gif makes me nostalgic; Jeremy Brett was such a great Watson. :-(
User avatar

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:25 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Classy, Draco. Snapping back like some vicious teenage girl devolving to immature name calling only reinforces the idea that you can't support your position because the facts clearly state otherwise.

You are an adult, correct? If you aren't or you are a very young adult in an entry-level position somewhere then that might explain your apparent lack of seasoned business and financial knowledge.


You're not even trying at this point as I was expecting a much better comeback as again you're just using Syxxpaxx talking points. I can easily point out that you're deflecting from the obvious part where you're just doing damage control for DC by harping on my so-called flaws in business skills, etc. That doesn't bother me but at least come back with something better than this. Maybe you should get Nocturne or Amoebas to come up with a better response if they're putting on their capes to defend you.
User avatar

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Draco x wrote:
And I do love that you're pretending that you're not being another one of Ivy's cheerleaders like Amoebas is. Whatever criticisms you have of what I said doesn't sound anywhere as sad as you just being back-up for someone else that doesn't agree with what I said here. If you feel you got some kind of win caping for him then that's fine by me but at least try not to act as someone's parrot next time.


It makes since that you would think this, you being such a disingenuous troll and all. You don't watch TV, you don't read comics, and the opinions you profess are likely not even your own. Does shit talking people who disagree with you on the internet make you feel like a big man?

Sporkbot, for all of his wild and unfounded speculation, at least actually expresses his own opinions.
User avatar

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:49 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Classy, Draco. Snapping back like some vicious teenage girl devolving to immature name calling only reinforces the idea that you can't support your position because the facts clearly state otherwise.

You are an adult, correct? If you aren't or you are a very young adult in an entry-level position somewhere then that might explain your apparent lack of seasoned business and financial knowledge.


Can you believe I used to defend this guy? :lol: He gave me some serious sass because I pointed out his favorite character was in castlevania with a timestamp? Draco is the new Cas. He's obviously just here to stir a bunch of shit, for no reason.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:00 pm

Who is deflecting? :lol: You seem to think that making some head-scratching random comparison between me and Syxxpaxx will discredit me. :smt017
You have yet to state any valid information that realistically supports your aggressive stance on this issue.

Granted, your frequent and somewhat outlandish claims that I'm being paid by DC to rally the troops was at first somewhat unique, but now years later that just suggests that you are kind of looney. :P

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sdsichero and 23 guests