Advertisement

What? No! Aquaman is not Married to Mera! Why Would You Think That?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

CyclopsWasRight
underclassman

Liked in: 0 post

Re: What? No! Aquaman is not Married to Mera! Why Would You

Postby CyclopsWasRight » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:33 pm

It's hard to believe this is an actual corporation rather than a webcomic run part-time by a couple of guys.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 728 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:33 pm

CyclopsWasRight wrote:It's hard to believe this is an actual corporation rather than an obscure webcomic run part-time by a few guys who speak over Skype.

Hey... That's pretty much how The Outhouse front page runs! :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 232 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Got a new slogan for the site:

The Outhouse - More Competent than DC Since 2008.

I really can't say that I ran the site better than Didio to be honest.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 138 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Grayson wrote:
Exactly. Right now one of the big discussions going on is the editorial mandate that Batwoman can't get married because she is a member of the Batfamily and members of the Batfamily don't get married because Batman related characters aren't allowed to have a happy personal life. That concept alone is absolutely ridiculous. If everybody in the Batfamily is miserable, then why would we even need a Robin anymore? Batman's supporting cast are the people who remind Bruce exactly what he continues to fight for, they prevent him from losing too much of himself to the darkness.

I doubt that the fans are clamoring for everybody in the Batfamily to remain bitter, old spinsters for the rest of their existence. This mandate against marriage in DC is simply ridiculous.

100% agreed. This from a guy that remembers the Tim Drake Robin minis. He was exactly the yin to the yang for the darker Bruce Wayne.

Kris Rom
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 160 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: What? No! Aquaman is not Married to Mera! Why Would You Think That?

Postby Kris Rom » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:10 am

Didio is a liar. And the proof is pretty easy. Go look at the Mera page on DC's website. It specifically calls Aquaman her "husband". At least it does today. I'm sure DCs elves will change it the moment they realize that Emperor Dan's lack of clothes are apparent.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 197 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: RE: What? No! Aquaman is not Married to Mera! Why Would

Postby Zechs » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:11 am

FBtron wrote:Didio is a liar. And the proof is pretty easy. Go look at the Mera page on DC's website. It specifically calls Aquaman her "husband". At least it does today. I'm sure DCs elves will change it the moment they realize that Emperor Dan's lack of clothes are apparent.

Just like they changed their Batgirl page? It had Cassandra Cain on the profile for six months even though the profile was about Barbara Gordon. :lol:

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Chessack
cheese

Liked in: 345 posts
Title: Kara Zor-El's biggest fan

Postby Chessack » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:03 am

FBtron wrote:Didio is a liar. And the proof is pretty easy. Go look at the Mera page on DC's website. It specifically calls Aquaman her "husband". At least it does today. I'm sure DCs elves will change it the moment they realize that Emperor Dan's lack of clothes are apparent.

Maybe in Atlantis "husband" means something different from what it means to us surface-dwellers. Maybe it means "living together" or "just really really good friends." Just like referencing her as his "queen" might mean "they grew up together from the time they were children."

Though it would be easier for them to just edit the page. Quick, someone grab a screenshot!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 127 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:52 am

CyclopsWasRight wrote:It's hard to believe this is an actual corporation rather than a webcomic run part-time by a couple of guys.

You obviously never pay attention to how much of a f**k-up Time-Warner is, eh? :lol:

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 974 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:00 am

From DC Comics own website:

:smt102
ImageImageImage

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 83 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:42 pm

I'm am totally not surprised by any of this, as i never thought Aquaman was straight to begin with!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 325 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I'm am totally not surprised by any of this, as i never thought Aquaman was straight to begin with!

Called it :lol:

From Bleeding Cool: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/07/aquaman-is-not-married-to-mera-in-the-new-52/

She’s referred to as his queen, and before the New 52 relaunch of the title two years ago, they were a married couple… but actually in the series so far since then, he has never once referred to her as his wife, only as his queen.

Now that Rich mentions that, I think that may be true. That totally makes me want to go back and check every reboot issue so far. :!:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:35 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Called it :lol:

From Bleeding Cool: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/07/aquaman-is-not-married-to-mera-in-the-new-52/

Now that Rich mentions that, I think that may be true. That totally makes me want to go back and check every reboot issue so far. :!:

Which would definitely be in the running as the biggest hair splitting endeavor in the Didio era.

Hab

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 974 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:49 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

Last night, I actually flipped through all of the Aquaman issues prior to "Throne of Atlantis." :oops:

While I didn't notice there being any language to indicate that Aquaman and Mera were married, conversely there was nothing to indicate that they weren't. In fact, the only thing that the series has been clear about is the fact that Mera was never actually married to Nereus. Considering that Aquaman is one of the characters who didn't get his entire continuity dumped by the relaunch, it's not a stretch to fill in the blanks and assume that their marriage is one of the things that survived intact. As it has been said, the fact that Aquaman is the King of Atlantis now in the New 52 and Mera is referred to as his Queen is enough to make a logical assumption that the characters are married and it doesn't harm either character.
ImageImageImage

Stalzer2002
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 27 posts

Postby Stalzer2002 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:19 pm

habitual wrote:
Which would definitely be in the running as the biggest hair splitting endeavor in the Didio era.

Hab

It isn't hair splitting so much as it is a comb over. It's there. We all know it's there. But he's going to move some stuff around and pretend that it isn't.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand