Advertisement

What? No! Aquaman is not Married to Mera! Why Would You Think That?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

EbonyRaven
Faster Pussycat

Liked in: 0 post

Re: What? No! Aquaman is not Married to Mera! Why Would You

Postby EbonyRaven » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Turns out, at the launch of the New 52, Aquaman's writer Geoff Johns had absolutely ZERO problem with Mera being referred to as Aquaman's wife (from a Maxim interview with Geoff Johns back when the launch was going on):

You made Aquaman’s wife, Mera, a much more prominent character – how come?
For me, her background is really interesting. She felt very strong to me, her hydroconnect powers are very interesting - controlling the water is visually beautiful and I felt the character was very appealing. That’s why we introduced her in Blackest Night and had her stand on her own before we brought Aquaman in. You know, I think people respond to the character because she is such a strong, confident kickass superhero.

So nice try to make yourselves look non-homophobic, DC, but no cigar.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand