Advertisement

What to Expect from Uncanny X-Men

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 360 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:38 pm

With the latest Marvel NOW! book being teased as Uncanny X-Men, what can readers expect to find in a Cyclops-centric title?!

We just reported on the latest Marvel NOW! teaser, hinting at the return of Uncanny X-Men after what many were convinced would be the final, for realz end of the book, since Marvel never ends a book and then restarts it only months later with a new number one, and certainly has never done that with Uncanny X-Men. But what can readers expect from the title?

For one thing, the teaser heralds the return of the book with the creative team of "The Great One" Brian Bendis and Chris Bachelo attached.  The teaser is backlit with a distinctive red glow, which probably means that the book will be the future home of Cyclops.  Whether that Cyclops is past Cyclops, evil Cyclops, reformed Cyclops or simply a Cyclops that doesn't act like a total nard remains to be seen.

As Wolverine is banging dinosaurs in Savage Wolverine, hopefully the team will include some combination of Emma Frost and/or an age appropriate Jean Grey. Also, let's hope that whoever joins Cyclops isn't a bunch of scrubs like the last few groups he's been paired up with. Ideally, this comic will feature Cyclops starting up the Mariko Yashida School for Normal Education, where he's joined by Kitty Pryde, a remorseful Beast, token gay character Iceman, and a bunch of delightfully charming humans, who get into a bunch of merry misadventures that don't involve Cyclops using religious fanaticism to justify using a genocidal cosmic bird force to enslave the entire world.

We spoke to The Great One Brian Bendis about the issue:

ThanosCopter: So, um, is this, like...

Brian Bendis: Uncanny X-Men.

TC: Uncanny X-Men.

BB: It is.

TC: I'm guessing there'll be lots of short, repetitive, cutesy dialog.

BB: There will.

TC: You do that.

BB: I do.

TC: And decompression.

BB: Lots of that.

TC: It's like your trademark.

BB: It is.

TC: I love you.

BB: The hell?!

Uncanny X-Men #1 (we assume) will be in stores in February!

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: What to Expect from Uncanny X-Men

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:56 pm

I expect Scott to decide against wearing this gaudy new helmet-visor and excessive-pouches belt :lol:

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Deviant by design

Postby Lord Ice » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Damn you BC! Why couldn't the rumor of Bendis writing 2 X-Men books be wrong. :x

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 466 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Another Bendis book that I won't be touching for sure.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand