Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Exclusive! Exclusive! Hggulghhlgghhlghhlghh!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:45 pm

Arion wrote:
You bought the deluxe edition?


Yes I did. Actually I think its the only available on Amazon ATM.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:30 am

Batman: A lonely Place of Dying. Dear god this is a great book. This is the DC I miss.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:12 pm

covalesky wrote:
Yes I did. Actually I think its the only available on Amazon ATM.


Cover price for those 8 issues was 22 bucks, add a 40% discount from DCBS and you could have gotten it a whole lot cheaper than the Deluxe edition.
User avatar

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Arion wrote:
Cover price for those 8 issues was 22 bucks, add a 40% discount from DCBS and you could have gotten it a whole lot cheaper than the Deluxe edition.


I don't pay shipping costs from Amazon.co.uk. From other online merchants (other than amazon.com) the shipping costs are obscene. But I think DCBS and InStockTrade don't even ship to my side of the Atlantic.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 pm

covalesky wrote:
I don't pay shipping costs from Amazon.co.uk. From other online merchants (other than amazon.com) the shipping costs are obscene. But I think DCBS and InStockTrade don't even ship to my side of the Atlantic.


I'm sure DCBS ships to every country in the world, but you're right, if you get free shipping from Amazon then it doesn't make sense to use other online sites.
User avatar

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:02 pm

Image

Great book. Made of zombies, cowboys and fun. Great, great art.
User avatar

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:18 am

Image

Collect the Reign and a Rino story. The Reign is absolutely awesome. The other is ok.
User avatar

NotSuitableForHumans

Peanut

Postby NotSuitableForHumans » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:58 pm

I just finished Flashpoint. It was definitely an interesting story. I really enjoyed the Joker/Batman story arc of it, I wish there was more to that than what we got. The rest of the story was pretty okay. I can't really give a comparison on it though as I have never read any other Flash comic or series.

Image
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:47 pm

covalesky wrote:Image

Collect the Reign and a Rino story. The Reign is absolutely awesome. The other is ok.


I've wanted to read The Reign since it came out.
User avatar

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:39 am

Arion wrote:
I've wanted to read The Reign since it came out.


Its very much worth it. It really is Spidey's DKR, but more melancholic, waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:47 pm

covalesky wrote:
Its very much worth it. It really is Spidey's DKR, but more melancholic, waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more.


That's why I was so interested in it in the first place.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:01 am

Arion wrote:
I'm sure DCBS ships to every country in the world, but you're right, if you get free shipping from Amazon then it doesn't make sense to use other online sites.

Nah. Not even Canada last I checked.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Came in the mail:

Saga volume 1
Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 4
Avengers: the Korvac Saga

Courtesy of the Canadian Government :)
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Keb wrote:Nah. Not even Canada last I checked.


Wrong !
(Imagine Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor saying that).

InStockTrades doesn't ship outside the US, but DCBS does. I get my DCBS packages sent to Perú every month. And besides preordering you can find trades in DCBS too.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:27 pm

Last I checked was about 4-5 years ago when I was still buying comics on a monthly basis so :smt019

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chalwa, e_galston and 71 guests