Tuesday, October 23, 2018 • Morning Edition • "*the sound you hear when PAC-MAN dies*"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Keb wrote:Nope.

I used to in college but I gave it up.

Oh, OK.

ziza9

Designer Interactive

Postby ziza9 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:57 pm

Christmas haul. Started last night with Doom Patrol Crawling from the Wreckage. Trippy stuff. Like reading a superhero acid trip. The blue.bound book in the middle of all that is Legends The Collection from DC. Their 80's crossover following Crisis. Okay, back to the stack. Image

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:15 pm

ziza9 wrote:Christmas haul. Started last night with Doom Patrol Crawling from the Wreckage. Trippy stuff. Like reading a superhero acid trip. The blue.bound book in the middle of all that is Legends The Collection from DC. Their 80's crossover following Crisis. Okay, back to the stack. Image

It's not really if you continue reading the series. It's fairly tame compared to some of the other shit that happens later. Down Paradise Way is my favorite volume in that series.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Sooooooo...does anybody know where I could get my hands on a library edition of Fear Agent for a reasonable price? I really don't want to pay the absolutely ridiculous price that I am seeing all over the place right now...but I don't really want to wait until March or April for the reorders to come in. :smt102

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:21 pm

Where are you looking? Did you try Abebooks?

I'll have a look tomorrow or Saturday at the used book store I go to. They get a bunch of stuff all the time.

Only because it's you. If it were anyone else... fuck em

ziza9

Designer Interactive

Postby ziza9 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 pm

Christmas haul. Started last night with Doom Patrol Crawling from the Wreckage. Trippy stuff. Like reading a superhero acid trip. The blue.bound book in the middle of all that is Legends The Collection from DC. Their 80's crossover following Crisis. Okay, back to the stack. Image

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:07 am

Keb wrote:Where are you looking? Did you try Abebooks?

I was mainly looking at sites like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and e-Bay. I don't really buy a lot of things on-line so those were the first places that came to mind. I did check out Abebooks on your recommendation. I couldn't find what I was looking for but I liked some of the things I found while I was searching. When I have some more free time, I'll probably browse the site a little more.

I'll have a look tomorrow or Saturday at the used book store I go to. They get a bunch of stuff all the time.

It came out fairly recently and sold out pretty quickly due to overwhelming demand, so I don't know that anyone will be in a hurry to sell it unless they can make some type of ridiculous profit. :( still, I appreciate the thought.

Thanks! :-D

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:55 pm

ziza9 wrote:Christmas haul. Started last night with Doom Patrol Crawling from the Wreckage. Trippy stuff. Like reading a superhero acid trip. The blue.bound book in the middle of all that is Legends The Collection from DC. Their 80's crossover following Crisis. Okay, back to the stack. Image

Awesome stack !

You really had a good Christmas .

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Finished Captain America: Bicentennial Battles last night. The book was pretty good as well. Really dug the five issues of Captain America & the Falcon. Hey felt more like Kirby fun comics than the Bicentennial Battles issue. That one felt really forced. Looking forward to finishing the run.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Keb wrote:Where are you looking? Did you try Abebooks?

So far I've never tried Abebooks...

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:11 pm

Ok, so after receiving the top spot on the Outhouse Top 20 Comics list and finding out that it was actually out, I decided to take a break from the other books I was reading to pick up Saga Vol. 1.

It doesn't really seem like Brian K. Vaughan has lost a step. I flew threw the book and I really enjoyed almost every moment. Hopefully my comic shop has copies of issues #7 & 8 left in stock because I will definitely buy those when I go to pick up my books on Wednesday.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:46 am

^Damn right!

Finished the Kirby Cap stuff last night with the Swine. Thought the collection started out great and I really wanted to see some connection between the Swine and Red Skull (he is on the cover) but thought the Zola stuff was good. The Red Skull story conclusion felt a bit rushed and I thought Cap being blinded was kind of unnecessary. Overall it was some good work and I enjoyed reading the run. The annuals were a but useless but overall id recommend this stuff to people.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Grayson wrote:Ok, so after receiving the top spot on the Outhouse Top 20 Comics list and finding out that it was actually out, I decided to take a break from the other books I was reading to pick up Saga Vol. 1.

It doesn't really seem like Brian K. Vaughan has lost a step. I flew threw the book and I really enjoyed almost every moment. Hopefully my comic shop has copies of issues #7 & 8 left in stock because I will definitely buy those when I go to pick up my books on Wednesday.

This made me curious. What other books were you reading before Saga came along?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Arion wrote:
This made me curious. What other books were you reading before Saga came along?

He was reading Amazing Spider-Man :P

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Arion wrote:This made me curious. What other books were you reading before Saga came along?

Well, I was 2 chapters into the first volume of the Hellboy Library Edition when I decided to give Saga a try. I really can't begin to say enough about how amazing the book itself is. I wish more books were collected like this. Other than that, I was just slowly making my way through the stack of books that I received for Christmas. I still have the second volume of Geoff Johns' Flash Omnibus and the New X-Men and Astonishing X-Men Omnibuses to tackle.

Keb wrote:He was reading Amazing Spider-Man :P

Keyword being "was." :P

leave a comment with facebook