Saturday, July 23, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We put the lotion in the basket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 am

I think I gave my Black Orchid books to Greg. Its a good series though.

I liked Sebastian O a lot. It just seemed to go by very quickly. I like Steve Yeowell and Grant Morrison together. Except for Skrull Kill Krew, that shit was dumb.

When was Sebastian O collected into paperback?

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:36 am

I loved this book. Its a great funny fantasy book. There is some Tolkien, some D&D and much more.

Great read.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Keb wrote:I think I gave my Black Orchid books to Greg. Its a good series though.

I liked Sebastian O a lot. It just seemed to go by very quickly. I like Steve Yeowell and Grant Morrison together. Except for Skrull Kill Krew, that shit was dumb.

Sebastian O was great. I would have loved to see Morrison doing more stories in that world. Hey, did you get to read my review on Sebastian O?

http://artbyarion.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... rison.html

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Keb wrote:I think I gave my Black Orchid books to Greg. Its a good series though.

I bought a set of the single issues for $5. Long ago we hashed this out in the GN thread, that a set or run of issues of a story arc was the same thing basically. The only holdout? Probably Punchy, but in my imaginary recollection, the rest of us agreed he was just being autistic about it.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:35 pm

Ah okay. I bought mine for $5 too!

LobsterJ

Expert Post Whore

Postby LobsterJ » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Reading Bendis' Daredevil in trades from the library, and hey it is pretty good. I can see why people thought this guy had some talent.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
I bought a set of the single issues for $5. Long ago we hashed this out in the GN thread, that a set or run of issues of a story arc was the same thing basically. The only holdout? Probably Punchy, but in my imaginary recollection, the rest of us agreed he was just being autistic about it.

I have in trade. i find the single issues for 5 bucks I'll buy them.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Right now on the nightstand by the bed.

Metal Men Archives Vol 1
Marvel Boy
100 Bullets Collection Vol 1. (issues 1-16)

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Marvel Boy was awful. You will need to read that 100 bullets book to balance it out.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:53 pm

I read some small press comics that came in the mail by Paul Hornschemeier, Sequential #6, Return Of The Elephant, and City In The Snow-Globe.

These were from 2003-4ish at the earlier end of his career as a writer/illustrator.

Finally read something by him I didn't really like, Return Of The Elephant. Oh wells, I like everything else he's done.

I don't know whether to keep the one thing by him I don't like or not, though.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:39 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I read some small press comics that came in the mail by Paul Hornschemeier, Sequential #6, Return Of The Elephant, and City In The Snow-Globe.

These were from 2003-4ish at the earlier end of his career as a writer/illustrator.

Finally read something by him I didn't really like, Return Of The Elephant. Oh wells, I like everything else he's done.

I don't know whether to keep the one thing by him I don't like or not, though.

I kept One Page Filler Man by Mahfood even though I hated it. I didn't keep Marijuanaman though.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Chesscub wrote:Right now on the nightstand by the bed.

Metal Men Archives Vol 1
Marvel Boy
100 Bullets Collection Vol 1. (issues 1-16)

Which Marvel Boy?

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:51 pm

The Sixth Gun Vol. 2. Still really loving this series!

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:26 am

I just read "BUNN HURTT" at "BUTT HURT". Spending too much time here... :?

I finished off the Eternals by Jack Kirby last night. I kind of plowed through the last few issues of vol. 2 because the series really starts to get uninteresting. As much as I could wish we had more Kirby Eternals, I really didn't see the point of it. I am curious to read how they were integrated into the Marvel Universe since they were originally (and rightfully) meant to have their own universe, but otherwise I'm not super-interested in anyone else taking on this concept. I know a few of them popped up here and there in Marvel U continuity as well. The one thing I found very brutal in a way was how stories would lead into each other. Usually with Kirby work, I can read one or two issues and I'm tired because they're so packed. In the case of the Eternals, sometimes three to five issues would lead into each other (similar to Kirby's Cap stuff) and it would get exhausting at times. I did greatly appreciate that the Eternals weren't Marvel's New Gods though. I enjoyed his little essay messages about his work in the book as well.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:44 am

Keb wrote:I just read "BUNN HURTT" at "BUTT HURT". Spending too much time here... :?

:lol:

leave a comment with facebook