Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

covalesky
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 1 post

Re: What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Postby covalesky » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:02 pm

GHERU wrote:Finished Fear Agent Library Volume 1
Image.

awesome comic

Fixed :)

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 262 posts

Postby misac » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:37 pm

The Spider v.1: Terror of the Zombie Queen – Really enjoyed it, the real crime and super crime with the Zombie Queen worked well together but I was hoping there was more real crime type stuff. The Spider’s alter ego is kind of a dick but he reigns it in where he’s still likeable.

I started really liking the art but it’s too dark when there’s action, it’s hard to understand what’s going on. Also, people look the same age, the Spider doesn’t look much older than his dad.

Conan v.12: Throne of Aquilonia – Liked this a lot too, like with the Punisher I enjoy these guys killing the shit out of people. :-D Made me really excited for Brain Wood’s run with the next trade.

Loved Mike Hawthorne’s art!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Keb wrote:X-men: Mutant Massacre - this was a cool crossover. The writing was typical 80s and the only issue I didn't care for was the Daredevil issue. Otherwise it was fun with the Thor crossover and all the things that happened. Didn't really understand the need for the dazzler stuff in there either. What I really like was the cohesion of events without the necessity to read everything. Didn't understand why all of the Thor issues needed to be printed with all the Balder subplot stuff etc. but I'm rereading Simonson Thor so it was nice to see.

I didn’t like the Power Pack issue. Seems they were the only ones that got one over on the Marauders. :smt102

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1466 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:06 pm

covalesky wrote:Fixed :)

:smt045 :like
ImageImageImage

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 439 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:16 am

LobsterJ wrote:
Wasn't the DD issue the one with Sabretooth in the sewers written by Ann Nocenti? Where he abducts the girl? Man I loved that issue!

I hated the end. Seemed kinda like he was supposed to have some depth but that depth came out of nowhere. Personally, I hate the character for the most part but the issue felt like filler. Also don't care for Ann Nocenti.

misac wrote:
I didn’t like the Power Pack issue. Seems they were the only ones that got one over on the Marauders. :smt102

You want the Marauders to start slaughtering kids? Sicko!

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 124 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:16 am

misac wrote:The Spider v.1: Terror of the Zombie Queen – Really enjoyed it, the real crime and super crime with the Zombie Queen worked well together but I was hoping there was more real crime type stuff. The Spider’s alter ego is kind of a dick but he reigns it in where he’s still likeable.

I started really liking the art but it’s too dark when there’s action, it’s hard to understand what’s going on. Also, people look the same age, the Spider doesn’t look much older than his dad.

Conan v.12: Throne of Aquilonia – Liked this a lot too, like with the Punisher I enjoy these guys killing the shit out of people. :-D Made me really excited for Brain Wood’s run with the next trade.

Loved Mike Hawthorne’s art!

I only read the first issue of Wood's run on Conan, and it certainly didn't stand a chance against the Roy Thomas era. The story wasn't too bad, but the art really let me down. For me Conan is either illustrated by Barry Windsor-Smith or John Buscema.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Keb wrote:
I hated the end. Seemed kinda like he was supposed to have some depth but that depth came out of nowhere. Personally, I hate the character for the most part but the issue felt like filler. Also don't care for Ann Nocenti.

You want the Marauders to start slaughtering kids? Sicko!

The X-men were just so impotent that seeing these brats beat up the Marauders was really annoying.

Didn’t wanted them murdered or anything, maybe a gut punch like that super dick Thor in AvX.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Arion wrote:
I only read the first issue of Wood's run on Conan, and it certainly didn't stand a chance against the Roy Thomas era. The story wasn't too bad, but the art really let me down. For me Conan is either illustrated by Barry Windsor-Smith or John Buscema.

I haven’t read much of the older stuff but I still see it as two totally different versions so I don’t really compare them. :smt102

This series started really great and had floundered for a while but the last two trades were pretty good. And they were actually written by Roy Thomas.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Uncanny X-Force v.3: Dark Angel Saga 1 – Pretty good but very Wolverine centric. I like Fantomex when he’s interacting with Psylocke and isn’t throwing out quips. Liked the glimpse into the AoA universe, Jean’s suit was ridiculous though. Apocalypse Wolverine looked pretty cool.

Billy Tan’s art got pretty bad at times.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 439 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 pm

misac wrote:Uncanny X-Force v.3: Dark Angel Saga 1 – Pretty good but very Wolverine centric. I like Fantomex when he’s interacting with Psylocke and isn’t throwing out quips. Liked the glimpse into the AoA universe, Jean’s suit was ridiculous though. Apocalypse Wolverine looked pretty cool.

Billy Tan’s art got pretty bad at times.

Yeah. Pt. 2 is better.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:18 am

misac wrote:
I haven’t read much of the older stuff but I still see it as two totally different versions so I don’t really compare them. :smt102

This series started really great and had floundered for a while but the last two trades were pretty good. And they were actually written by Roy Thomas.

I thought Roy Thomas was in charge of some Conan miniseries and not the main title.

covalesky
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 1 post

Postby covalesky » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:02 pm

I'm almost finished with the second volume of Orchid. A cool book. not as strong as the first one, but heavy on reveals. It suffers a bit from fast pacing, but its still very entertaining.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Arion wrote:
I thought Roy Thomas was in charge of some Conan miniseries and not the main title.

I think the series ended but continued with Conan: Road of Kings, the trades keep the numbering.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:16 am

misac wrote:I think the series ended but continued with Conan: Road of Kings, the trades keep the numbering.

Ah, makes sense then.

GiveWarAChance
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 1439 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:02 pm

I just got the Iron Man omnibus in the mail today. It collects issues 115-157. It's pretty much all new material to me. I might have read two of those issues before.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand