Friday, September 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Where your childhood dreams don't have to die alone."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

******

Postby ****** » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:44 am

David Bird wrote:I enjoyed the first volume, but its been so long since I read it, I dunno.


Yeah, I just have a vague recollection of the first volume.

The first issue of Volume 2 read pretty well, I didn't feel like I was missing anything. Powers is mostly talking heads anyway, if there's some piece of information you need I trust Bendis to cram it in there.
User avatar

D

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:31 pm

amlah6 wrote:Yeah, I just have a vague recollection of the first volume.

The first issue of Volume 2 read pretty well, I didn't feel like I was missing anything. Powers is mostly talking heads anyway, if there's some piece of information you need I trust Bendis to cram it in there.
What issues does it collect? Old series or new series?

******

Postby ****** » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:50 pm

D wrote:What issues does it collect? Old series or new series?


12-24 of the Image series.
User avatar

D

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:37 pm

amlah6 wrote:12-24 of the Image series.
Damn dude. You got to give up the HCs and read that shit. It's REALLY good.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:51 pm

D wrote:Damn dude. You got to give up the HCs and read that shit. It's REALLY good.

It's cool man, I love it and the hardcovers get devoured when I get a hold of them, as much as I read I can be super patient on one book. :D

******

Postby ****** » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:00 pm

D wrote:Damn dude. You got to give up the HCs and read that shit. It's REALLY good.


I have the first two hardcovers, there's no way I'm switching formats now. :P
User avatar

D

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:38 pm

I admire both of you guys for your patience, but I do think you're missing out. Hellboy and Powers are two of my all time favorites and I definitely think you guys are missing something by having such large gaps in between reading times. But I'll bet those HCs are gorgeous.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:46 pm

D wrote:I admire both of you guys for your patience, but I do think you're missing out. Hellboy and Powers are two of my all time favorites and I definitely think you guys are missing something by having such large gaps in between reading times. But I'll bet those HCs are gorgeous.


With SO much time putting it together, I'd expect excellence!

Just like I do with GNR...
User avatar

Big Dog

Flying Mongoose

Postby Big Dog » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:19 pm

Scalped volume 3
Image

Definitley picking up 1985 soon. Wish I could have made it to Ultimate Comics today! ;)
User avatar

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:59 pm

Just read- Annihilation: Conquest Book 1

So far Annihilation proper is better, but this has some potential. Sucks I have to wait for vol 2! Should be here in two weeks though.
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:15 am

Thanks to some of you making me think of it again, I'm rereading FROM HELL myself...
User avatar

D

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:35 am

Went to Borders with 40% and 25% off coupons. I got

From Hell
Image

and

Swamp Thing (can't find a pic of the super sticky cover variant)

Based on Lobster Johnson, I'll be finishing From Hell when amlah and 4thman get the next Powers HC.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:51 am

dammit, okay after I finish Watchmen which will help, I will have to get over my fear of penises and get through my copy of From Hell as well.. Bastards.
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:17 am

thefourthman wrote:dammit, okay after I finish Watchmen which will help, I will have to get over my fear of penises and get through my copy of From Hell as well.. Bastards.


There's like, what, three penii? It's not THAT bad!
User avatar

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:20 am

Lord Simian wrote:There's like, what, three penii? It's not THAT bad for an Alan Moore comic!
Fixed.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Belle-Tain Summer, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Popeye McFly and 54 guests