Sunday, April 22, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Exclusive! Exclusive! Hggulghhlgghhlghhlghh!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:11 pm

Zero wrote:Image

Wuz pretty good. Very nice art.

I only read the first issue but I loved it!

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:15 pm

loved the art
the story was not good

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:31 pm

GHERU wrote:loved the art
the story was not good

The art is great, I can't really say much about the story because I only read issue #1, but I thought it seemed intereting or at least promising.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:55 pm

Arion wrote:
The art is great, I can't really say much about the story because I only read issue #1, but I thought it seemed intereting or at least promising.

I thought it lost steam when Jesus went punk rock, which I guess was kinda the point.

AngusH

crash test dummy

Postby AngusH » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:21 pm

Yeah, Murphy is one of the best artists around IMO, but Punk Rock Jesus as a whole was just OK for me, despite all the hype.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:53 pm

I feel like I haven't read any books in quite a long time which is depressing because I have a pretty decent stack sitting on my coffee table right now that has been accumulating since Christmas and a ton of really great collections are set to be released in the next 2 months. :?

I need motivation!

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:37 pm

Grayson wrote:I feel like I haven't read any books in quite a long time which is depressing because I have a pretty decent stack sitting on my coffee table right now that has been accumulating since Christmas and a ton of really great collections are set to be released in the next 2 months. :?

I need motivation!

Here's your motivation.
If you don't read it all in one week then you're obligated to send half of those new comics to me.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:51 pm

Arion wrote:Here's your motivation.
If you don't read it all in one week then you're obligated to send half of those new comics to me.

Hmmm...very clever my friend. Unfortunately I made the stack of books sound more impressive than it actually is. There are only 4 books but one of them is an Omnibus and another is a deluxe edition, so there's just a lot to read.

Stalzer2002

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Stalzer2002 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:08 am

Arion wrote:
Oh my stars and garters !

That is an amazing collection.

How long have you been buying original art?

Thanks!

I've been buying since 2005, but I've been getting more since I started going to New York Comic Con in 2010. They have an art auction that benefits St. Jude, and I got some really great deals there. It's also fun to find lesser known artists to do commissions.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:28 pm

So Infinity Gauntlet was okay. Really lost steam when Thanos lost it. Liked the last epilogue bit though. Hate that Perez didn't finish it.

Reading All-New X-men Men Vol 1, two issues in, very much enjoying it.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:31 pm

I enjoyed it as well, it might be overhyped, but it was solid and the art is superb.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Annihilation Conquest: Star-Lord - I don't know that you can really call this a trade, it's only 4 issues and a couple of character bios, but this does collect the Star-Lord portion of the minis that led into Annihilation Conquest. Unless you count the portions of Nova that tied into the event, Star-Lord is easily the best of the minis and it's easy to see why this book not only led into Annihilation Conquest but also why it directly led to the Guardians of the Galaxy revival. I loved this mini when it was first released and I was happy to see that it has held up extremely well since 2007. Glad I picked this up this week.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:20 pm

Grayson wrote:
Hmmm...very clever my friend. Unfortunately I made the stack of books sound more impressive than it actually is. There are only 4 books but one of them is an Omnibus and another is a deluxe edition, so there's just a lot to read.

Oh well.

What omnibus is that?

Stalzer2002 wrote:
Thanks!

I've been buying since 2005, but I've been getting more since I started going to New York Comic Con in 2010. They have an art auction that benefits St. Jude, and I got some really great deals there. It's also fun to find lesser known artists to do commissions.

I'll be in NYCC this year, but I don't think I'll have enough money for original art.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Arion wrote:Oh well.

What omnibus is that?

The Age of Apocalypse Omnibus.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:56 pm

Grayson wrote:
The Age of Apocalypse Omnibus.

I won't ask for it, then.
I was kind of hoping you would say Byrne's FF Omnibus. I'd love to have that one.

leave a comment with facebook