Monday, December 10, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:40 am

I read two Superman trades recently:

I wasn't very impressed. Everything relies on the huge continuity change of Superman having a son. Take that away and nothing special to read. Other people have written better Superman stories without major continuity changes.

3.3 out of 5 for Superman Rebirth vol 1.

This was very good. Max Landis writes s great Superman. Mixed with great art throughout.

4.4 out of 5 for Superman American Alien.

Hollow Harbor

Faster Pussycat

Postby Hollow Harbor » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Currently reading the Moon Knight TPB by Lemire & Smallwood. This the second Moon Knight trade that I have read, and I am definitely digging it.

Peter-J-DeadPoole

penile prisoner

Postby Peter-J-DeadPoole » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:09 pm

Kill or Be Killed vol.1 by Ed Brubaker & Sean Phillips

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:41 am

A little while ago I read

I'd give Dr Strange vol 1 4.3 out of 5. I don't even particularly like Dr Strange, but this was a lot of fun. Lots of marvel cameos as well I really enjoyed.

Also I read

Pretty good, though not as good as The two stories Haden Blackmann did for DarkHorse a few years back (Ghost Prison & The Lost Command). Great artwork by Larroca.

I'd give Darth Vader vol1 4.2 out of 5.

I'll be buying more of both of these runs.

Rob Thompson

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Rob Thompson » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:45 am

Rage of Ultron. This was surprisingly good.

Peter-J-DeadPoole

penile prisoner

Postby Peter-J-DeadPoole » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Rumble

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:17 pm

ImageImage
Sithra: Kingdom of the Air and Sithrah: Propositions - I really like the artistic style in these books. The books look gorgeous and the panel layouts are dynamic. They read like a cross between traditional comics and children's storybooks. There's not a ton of dialogue, but the art easily conveys everything. I saw Propositions on Kickstarter awhile ago, but didn't have the money at the time to back it. Volume 3 went up on Kickstarter a week or two ago and I decided to jump in and pickup the first two volumes to get caught up.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:31 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:ImageImage
Sithra: Kingdom of the Air and Sithrah: Propositions - I really like the artistic style in these books. The books look gorgeous and the panel layouts are dynamic. They read like a cross between traditional comics and children's storybooks. There's not a ton of dialogue, but the art easily conveys everything. I saw Propositions on Kickstarter awhile ago, but didn't have the money at the time to back it. Volume 3 went up on Kickstarter a week or two ago and I decided to jump in and pickup the first two volumes to get caught up.

I read, and enjoyed his work on reMIND vol. 1 years ago. Glad to see he's still making comics.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:42 pm

GLX wrote:
I read, and enjoyed his work on reMIND vol. 1 years ago. Glad to see he's still making comics.

He quit his full-time DreamWorks job in 2014 to focus solely on comics.

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:46 am

So I read the new Bad Company: First Casualties tpb by Peter Milligan and Rufus Dayglo originally published in 2000AD. It has very good artwork. The story is ok, nothing particularly special. However, I have come to realise the point Milligan is making is totally obvious to me, but in a world where people happily consume fake news we do need to be constantly reminded of the lies that some times get told. So while I'm not the target audience (I've seen this all before), it is a worthwhile endeavour.

3.5 out of 5

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Rob Thompson

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Rob Thompson » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:38 am

CatsNeverDie

Whippersnapper

Postby CatsNeverDie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:18 am

Can't name it here :P

Randy Randerson