Friday, September 22, 2017 • Morning Edition • "Better than Bleeding Cool by that much."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Captain Birdseye

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Captain Birdseye » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:16 am

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:03 am

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun May 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon May 29, 2017 5:52 pm

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:31 pm

It's been awhile but I finally read something new!

Captain America Steve Rogers Vol. 1: Hail Hydra - Let me just say up front that I do NOT hate the basic idea behind this series. The idea that one of Cap's greatest foes "wins" by rewriting reality itself to make Steve Rogers a loyal agent of HYDRA is an interesting direction to take. It's everything that comes afterward that I hate. That being said, there's a lot of stuff here that I missed the first time around. The continued use of red throughout all of the flashbacks. The sudden appearance of a character who is supposed to have been such a crucial part of Rogers' developmental years. Cosmic Cube shenanigans. There's a lot going on here and even here, in the early days of this ordeal, there are threads left to pull that could lead to unraveling the entire debacle. It's a good read but it doesn't even come close to touching some of the more traditional and iconic Cap stories.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:29 am

jephd

cheese

Postby jephd » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:02 am

Currently working my way through the annihilation saga. Unfortunately I can't actually lift the bastards cause of my current arm paralysis so I've had to download them!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:20 am

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Captain America Steve Rogers Vol. 2: The Trial of Maria Hill - There are two, very important things that I need to get off my chest right out of the gate. First, I absolutely love the cover to this book. Second, everything else aside, the idea of Maria Hill finally getting her comeuppance is an idea that I have been waiting for since New Avengers #4 all the way back in 2005. Words can not even begin to describe how happy I was to see her walking out of that courtroom with that sourpuss on her face as they found her guilty. :lol: 8)

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Invincible Ultimate Collection Vol. 11 - As is usually the case with these Ultimate Collections, once I started reading it, I could not put it down! This entire volume really resonated with me, especially the relationship between Mark and his daughter. The impossible decision that he was faced with at one point was a powerful one and I can't say that I would have made a different decision. In fact, I know that if I were in a similar position, I would have made the exact same decision as Mark. It was great to see these characters again and I can't wait for Volume 12.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:23 pm

Chew Omnivore Edition Vol. 6 - Well that didn't end the way that I was expecting... :shock: ...and just when I was coming to terms with the fact that this was the end.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:06 am

GiveWarAChance

Hopscotch

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Wayward Deluxe Book Two - I liked this one more than the first book. The art is amazing as usual. This time I enjoyed the story much more. The first five issues focus a lot on Japanese mythology, folklore and culture, much like the first book. There's not a ton of character development this time around, but the story moves at a breakneck speed and is entertaining. The next five issues introduce the main characters father, changes gears and delves into Irish mythology and folklore instead. It's a great change of pace that breathes new life into the series and fleshes out some backstory for the main character. Now I'm thinking about adding this to my pull list, so I don't have to wait a year between hardcovers.

leave a comment with facebook