Friday, June 22, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Tom Brennan's worst nightmare."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What needs to be done with Cyclops

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:16 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Maybe you should give me a Top 10 list then :evil: :evil: :evil:

did my husband send you one? Just curious.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:17 pm

starlord wrote:did my husband send you one? Just curious.

He did :-D

Its quite the list too.
*scans it over teasingly before you*

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:22 pm

starlord wrote:ditto. I knew you had great taste! :D
How can you say that he's a browns fan.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:24 pm

avengingtitan wrote:How can you say that he's a browns fan.

color means nothing to me. I've been with men that were brown. :?

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:25 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:He did :-D

Its quite the list too.
*scans it over teasingly before you*

yeah, I could probably guess most of it. :roll:

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:31 pm

starlord wrote:color means nothing to me. I've been with men that were brown. :?
So your saying your down on brown. :-D

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:45 pm

avengingtitan wrote:So your saying your down on brown. :-D

HAHAHA! I like that! :-D

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:54 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Maybe you should give me a Top 10 list then :evil: :evil: :evil:

1. Cyclops
2. Cable
3. Colossus
4. Nightcrawler
5. Havok
6. Captain Britain (during Excalibur days)
7. Wolverine
8. Beast
9. Gambit
10. Jean Grey

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:03 pm

I thought his usage in the recent Astonishing arc was perfect.

Hab

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:36 pm

habitual wrote:I thought his usage in the recent Astonishing arc was perfect.

Hab

Ellis' Astonishing is a disappointment.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:37 pm

Cyclops is great. I would like to see him treated with more respect and seen as a key guy outside of the X-Books more often He's one of the best leaders and one of the most powerful people in the Marvel U, and yet he's rarely seen doing anything outside of the X-Books.

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:33 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:Cyclops is great. I would like to see him treated with more respect and seen as a key guy outside of the X-Books more often He's one of the best leaders and one of the most powerful people in the Marvel U, and yet he's rarely seen doing anything outside of the X-Books.

In terms of stature within the MU, he should be on the same level as guys like Iron Man, Captain America, and Reed Richards.

Tyr Stormbringer

Rain Partier

Postby Tyr Stormbringer » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:48 pm

KSChris wrote:In terms of stature within the MU, he should be on the same level as guys like Iron Man, Captain America, and Reed Richards.

Give this man a cookie!! You are so right dude, he should definitely be thought of as one of the top tier guys within the Marvel Universe. I mean like most of you have already stated, he is in a sense the leader and said protector of all mutants at the moment. So you are mutant with a problem who are you going to=Cyclops, you are a flatscan human with a problem with a mutants who are you gonna answer too=Cyclops!

I would love to see Scott interact with other non-mutant heroes and villains, but they seem to always have the X-Men off doing their own thing. Thats one thing I really like about SI:X-Men, the Skrulls were totally unprepared to deal with the X-Men when they arrived in San Fran!

Scott has shown in recent years that he is just as good if not better leader than Iron Man or Captain America. Hell in a sense Scott Summer is the equivalent of the Steve Rogers, he is the mutant Captain America IMHO.

I have always been a fan of the X-Men and Cyclops is and always will be one of my favorites. I have to say that I have enjoyed his character so much over the last 4-5 years, and now he is really stepping up and being the man, hero, and confident leader that everyone knew was always there.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:03 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:Cyclops is great. I would like to see him treated with more respect and seen as a key guy outside of the X-Books more often He's one of the best leaders and one of the most powerful people in the Marvel U, and yet he's rarely seen doing anything outside of the X-Books.

Thats the thing I find with the X-men, and have been for as long as I remember. The X-Universe has always been in there own little world and not really concerning themselve withthe rest of the Marvel U. Sure, lately they have had tie-ins, but thats bout it.

Now moving them the San Fransisco is cool and all, but to me it once again moves then further away then whats goin on in the Marvel U. For one of the premiere teams, they seem to be outta the loop with everything.

I never liked that.

Tyr Stormbringer

Rain Partier

Postby Tyr Stormbringer » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:10 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Thats the thing I find with the X-men, and have been for as long as I remember. The X-Universe has always been in there own little world and not really concerning themselve withthe rest of the Marvel U. Sure, lately they have had tie-ins, but thats bout it.

Now moving them the San Fransisco is cool and all, but to me it once again moves then further away then whats goin on in the Marvel U. For one of the premiere teams, they seem to be outta the loop with everything.

I never liked that.

I am glad they made the move. I always thought it was so stupid to have all the heroes in the Marvel Universe all basically based out of New York, and eyt they hardly ever interacted like they should. For fucks sake they should have been tripping all over one another, and there should be zero crime there with all the fuckin heroes in one place!

leave a comment with facebook