Wednesday, October 17, 2018 • Morning Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What needs to be done with Cyclops

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

God Impulse2k1

Twenty-Something

Postby God Impulse2k1 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:23 am

Okay love him or hate him it looks to me like Cyclops is here to stay.

I think there is a lot of unused potential wasted when it comes to Cyclops, so here is what I would like to see happen with the man that shoots optic energy blast.

First I want to see a mini just focusing on him. Not Emma and him, not Wolverine and him, just himself. I mean he is now the leader and frankly watcher over just not the X-Men but all the mutants left. I want to know what is going on in his mind. He is almost like the president of the mutants in a way. Maybe focus on his family relationships and yes even why he is in love with Emma. How making some decisions really affect him (x-force). Just make the focus on him.

On that same lines, I would like to see a Cyclops: Origins in a sense of the word. I know we have had stories about the early days of the X-Men and there is also the first class comic. But we never got into the mind of a young Cyclops. I mean you a teenager who is pretty much being pushed to be a leader. You also have the fact that you are a geek and have a crush on the pretty girl. You don't think you can cut it but you don't show everyone that. It would be cool to see this comic come out the same time as the mini just to show the contrast of a young Cyclops who didn't think he would even make it and an older Cyclops who finally is comfortable (some what) in the role he was destined to play.

Last (My favorite idea) PUT CYCLOPES ON EITHER AVENGER TEAM! I mean yeah it's all gravy to have the over exposed Logan on your team. it gives you street cred. But think about how cool it would be if you have Cyclops a guy that is a leader when he is on his own team, have to take a back seat to another team. I can just picture him trying to tell the crew how they should go about things and Tony coming in laying the leadership smackdown on him. Think about it we only really seen Cyclops really interact with just his own team. It would be nice to see him out of his element so to speak.

So what do you think?

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:33 am

I'd love to see a mini of just him as well. Not sure about putting him on an Avengers team, though I'd prefer him over Wolverine, IMO.

Doing a mini where he would inter connect with more Marvel heroes outside the X-Men world would be interesting though.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:37 am

For a while now I've imagined Cyclops going to the Avengers and think it'd be a great idea, but the only problem is that I can only see him leading.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:40 am

Greg wrote:For a while now I've imagined Cyclops going to the Avengers and think it'd be a great idea, but the only problem is that I can only see him leading.

that was my thought too.

God Impulse2k1

Twenty-Something

Postby God Impulse2k1 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:42 am

Greg wrote:For a while now I've imagined Cyclops going to the Avengers and think it'd be a great idea, but the only problem is that I can only see him leading.

That would be cool too because on the X-Men everyone is pretty much family. But to lead a team that has many backgrounds would be a real adjustment. Especially dealing with gods, wisecracker, and know it all's.

Plus no Emma to protect you....he he

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:43 am

I've hated Cyclops for most of my life. The last few years though he's been freaking awesome.

God Impulse2k1

Twenty-Something

Postby God Impulse2k1 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:45 am

avengingtitan wrote:I've hated Cyclops for most of my life. The last few years though he's been freaking awesome.

I agree with you on this.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:46 am

Impulse wrote:That would be cool too because on the X-Men everyone is pretty much family. But to lead a team that has many backgrounds would be a real adjustment. Especially dealing with gods, wisecracker, and know it all's.

Plus no Emma to protect you....he he

I LOVE the idea of getting Scott as far away from Emma as possible! I'd read anything that does that. Even if it was written by Devin Grayson. :P

God Impulse2k1

Twenty-Something

Postby God Impulse2k1 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:49 am

starlord wrote:I LOVE the idea of getting Scott as far away from Emma as possible! I'd read anything that does that. Even if it was written by Devin Grayson. :P

Whoa whoa now there are certain limits...

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:55 am

avengingtitan wrote:I've hated Cyclops for most of my life. The last few years though he's been freaking awesome.

Me too.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:01 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Me too.
He's the one character that i never thought would be not only ok with X-Force slaughter people, but also putting them together. Sure its gonna blow up in his face but still.

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:11 pm

Cyclops has always been my favorite X-Man.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:11 pm

avengingtitan wrote:He's the one character that i never thought would be not only ok with X-Force slaughter people, but also putting them together. Sure its gonna blow up in his face but still.

He not only is a leader, he is a General.

He knows the X-men are not longer just a team, but an army which have to do what it takes to defend themselves.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:15 pm

KSChris wrote:Cyclops has always been my favorite X-Man.

ditto. I knew you had great taste! :D

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:15 pm

KSChris wrote:Cyclops has always been my favorite X-Man.

Maybe you should give me a Top 10 list then :evil: :evil: :evil:

leave a comment with facebook