Advertisement

What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 40129
Likes: 237 posts
Liked in: 386 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Seriously though, Arab girls are nuts. My friend's girlfriend hit him with her car once when they were arguing.

Advertisement

Herald
User avatar
Fagorstorm
 
Posts: 13066
Likes: 281 posts
Liked in: 373 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby Herald » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:10 pm

Keb wrote:I've chilled with, been friends with, dated and banged Arabic females. I win.


Didn't you say you were "done" with conversing with me?? For the SECOND TIME this thread??

Clearly, you can't be believed in THAT regard, either. :roll: :P

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 40129
Likes: 237 posts
Liked in: 386 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:12 pm

That same girl also decided she didn't want to go out with one of my friends so she slept with another one of my friends just to send him a message.

Drama :?

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 40129
Likes: 237 posts
Liked in: 386 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:14 pm

And then another time she got mad because I asked her if I could ask one of her friends out for coffee. WTF kind of shit is that!

muddyglass
User avatar
dr. strangelove
 
Posts: 2352
Likes: 46 posts
Liked in: 80 posts
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: new york
Title: fear and trembling


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby muddyglass » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:55 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Image


awesome. :lol:
master ra's al ghul wrote:we sacked rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned london to the ground. every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.

MoneyMelon
User avatar
Chief Yankee Wanker
 
Posts: 26406
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:02 pm
Title: Internet Celebrity


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby MoneyMelon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 pm

I thought it was cool when Jade was a Green Lantern for a little while, but I don't think she exists in the New 52 universe, does she?

Anyway, I'd be fine with a female GL, although I think there were already too many Earth GLs even before Simon Baz was shoe-horned into the book for a clumsy attempt by Geoff Johns to be socially conscious or something.

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 8602
Likes: 648 posts
Liked in: 1136 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Online


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby Grayson » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:21 pm

Herald wrote:Then everything you've just said is meaningless. :P


Image

You say that but clearly I was just luring you into my trap. :twisted:

Image

Boom, now I have definitively bested your argument.

Close the thread. I win! 8)
ImageImageImage

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76932
Likes: 596 posts
Liked in: 969 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:24 pm

:lol:
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

SuperginraiX
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 8167
Likes: 110 posts
Liked in: 104 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:51 pm
Location: Waite Park MN
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:34 am

Grayson wrote:
Image

You say that but clearly I was just luring you into my trap. :twisted:

Image

Boom, now I have definitively bested your argument.

Close the thread. I win! 8)

Where are your FACTS? I see no proof here and therefore, I win.

Or something.
Image

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 8602
Likes: 648 posts
Liked in: 1136 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Online


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 am

SuperginraiX wrote:Where are your FACTS? I see no proof here and therefore, I win.

Or something.


Proof? Why would I NEED any proof? A picture is CLEARLY worth a thousand words. I posted 2 pictures, so obviously my proof is somewhere within those two thousand words. It's not my fault that I can't be bothered to find them...right? :smt102 :smt017 :P
ImageImageImage

oogy
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 8111
Likes: 423 posts
Liked in: 141 posts
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 6:39 pm
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby oogy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Keb wrote:I've chilled with, been friends with, dated and banged Arabic females. I win.

Without pics, these are just wild claims with no proof.

Image

/Herald'd
Image

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Draco x
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9181
Likes: 1453 posts
Liked in: 395 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby Draco x » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:18 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Green Lanterns are without fear. If there was a Muslim Female Green Lantern, she wouldn't have fear. Not from societal or religious pressure, not from exposing her body, not from anything. She'd be buck naked if we're going for realism. I think it would be an interesting spin on the fear thing.


Exactly what I was thinking. This would be what would make the female GL character interesting is her using her powers to fight against certain aspects of her culture. I would have had the character come from a very strict and conservative upbringing who would defy family's Muslim beliefs and was cast out-or better yet almost get killed by her family via honor killing. The ring would appear as she was about to be killed and she uses it to strike down her would be killers and take down her family for their actions. It would then spin to her to dealing with things like honor killings and violence against women as well as the usual super-villain threats like Sinestro, Atrocitus, Larfleeze and so on. So much could be done with this concept if anyone other than Didio could do it right and not mess it up.

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13367
Likes: 571 posts
Liked in: 207 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby doombug » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Draco, major kudos man for actually having a well thought out and reasonable conversation dude. :drunk
Image

Image

Draco x
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9181
Likes: 1453 posts
Liked in: 395 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby Draco x » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 pm

Keb wrote:Seriously though, Arab girls are nuts. My friend's girlfriend hit him with her car once when they were arguing.


So some personal experiences you and your friends have had are the basis of this notion against female Arabic characters then? Plus this sounds like a rash generalization of a whole group of women.

Draco x
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9181
Likes: 1453 posts
Liked in: 395 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: What If The New Green Lantern Was Female

Postby Draco x » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:38 pm

doombug wrote:Draco, major kudos man for actually having a well thought out and reasonable conversation dude. :drunk


When Doombug actually likes one of my threads then I'm obviously doing something right. :-D :-D :-D

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 61 guests

Advertisement