Sunday, December 4, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What is Your Comic Book Science Breaking Point?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Lord Simian wrote:

Image


Hercules is a mythic based character though. That sort of thing doesn't seem so out of place with him as it does with Superman, who being a Kansas farm boy, seems a little more grounded in the real world. :smt102
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Hercules is a mythic based character though. That sort of thing doesn't seem so out of place with him as it does with Superman, who being a Kansas farm boy, seems a little more grounded in the real world. :smt102


He is an alien from another world who flies, can hear a mouse fart on the other side of the world, and shoots lasers from his eyeballs, while PRETENDING to be a Kansas farm boy. Please tell me again about how much more grounded in reality the Kryptonian is. ;)
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
He is an alien from another world who flies, can hear a mouse fart on the other side of the world, and shoots lasers from his eyeballs, while PRETENDING to be a Kansas farm boy. Please tell me again about how much more grounded in reality the Kryptonian is. ;)


I'm not saying it makes sense, but one breaks my suspension of disbelief and takes me out of the story and the other doesn't. In the end, that's the difference. :smt102
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:23 pm

Chessack wrote:Even more fun, many comics show clear seasons. When real winter is happening in North America, many comics set in places like NYC will have winter in their pages (the Dec, Jan, Feb, etc, issues). Then when summer is happening in the real world North America, it happens in the comics too. If you try and track it, you notice that these characters have seen a LOT of winters and summers, but yet they have not gotten any older, and they're refer to stuff that happened 20 issues (and 3 or so winters) ago as "weeks" ago.


What's wrong with that? Old people always say "oh I haven't seen you in months" when actually they haven't seen you in years or "oh, we haven't talked in years" when haven't talked in decades and so on.
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:08 am

Arion wrote:
What's wrong with that? Old people always say "oh I haven't seen you in months" when actually they haven't seen you in years or "oh, we haven't talked in years" when haven't talked in decades and so on.


Well, for one thing, apparently Christmas happens at a minimum of ten times a year in the MU. Every December there's a Christmas issue, so Spidey has had 167 Christmases in his 27 or so years of life! :)
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Well, for one thing, apparently Christmas happens at a minimum of ten times a year in the MU. Every December there's a Christmas issue, so Spidey has had 167 Christmases in his 27 or so years of life! :)


That's an awful lot of Christmas.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GLX, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 36 guests