Saturday, November 25, 2017 • Midnight Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Why are people so annoyed by the number of Bendis books?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:09 am

AMS wrote:people are annoyed because they do not like good comics. Give them a crappy Slott Avengers and somehow they are happy.

I like fucking awesome comics. My comics are better than yours I am sure.

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:09 am

SlamBurger wrote:I think people are annoyed because the 'Heroic Age' seemed to hold the promise of actual change in the line and with Bendis fully in control it's the same old shit sandwich we've been eating for years.

Fuckin' A right, man!

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:11 am

Rikk Odinson wrote:Fuckin' A right, man!

+1

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:22 am

Out of those seven, Spider-Woman seems to be on some sort of hiatus, and we all know what Powers is like.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:22 am

Just go Indie, guys. :-)

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:23 am

Greg wrote:Just go Indie, guys. :-)

Oh, I'd been meaning to tell you, I dropped pretty much everything except for my Vertigo stuff and like two DC comics. Proud of me?

[/Could'a been a PM]

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:29 am

King Impulse wrote:Oh, I'd been meaning to tell you, I dropped pretty much everything except for my Vertigo stuff and like two DC comics. Proud of me?

[/Could'a been a PM]

:cry:

Sweet Christmas Hallelujah!

What exactly happen, was it event fatigue? Editorial mandates? That seems to be the issues when people drop most of the mainstream stuff?

And what you deciding on checking out?

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:32 am

Greg wrote::cry:

Sweet Christmas Hallelujah!

What exactly happen, was it event fatigue? Editorial mandates? That seems to be the issues when people drop most of the mainstream stuff?

And what you deciding on checking out?

Money, it came down between my two loves of reading comics and going to concerts, and concerts won out. That, and I need to put a deposit down on a house with some mates for next year.

The comics that are staying are The Unwritten, Daytripper, Joe The Barbarian, iZombie, Batman and Robin and The Flash.

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:34 am

Greg wrote:Just go Indie, guys. :-)

Nah. I no longer spend money on lame books that I don't care about.

This is why my pull-list only consists of two titles.

Moon Knight
and
Power Girl

:D

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:34 am

King Impulse wrote:Money, it came down between my two loves of reading comics and going to concerts, and concerts won out. That, and I need to put a deposit down on a house with some mates for next year.

The comics that are staying are The Unwritten, Daytripper, Joe The Barbarian, iZombie, Batman and Robin and The Flash.

Ah, koolio. Good luck with the house, my dude. I'm gonna be needing to drop some books myself but it helps most of the books I tend to read have been minis recently or would be on hiatus for a short bit.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:38 am

Rikk Odinson wrote:Nah. I no longer spend money on lame books that I don't care about.

This is why my pull-list only consists of two titles.

Moon Knight
and
Power Girl

:D

I checked out the first few issues of Moon Knight relaunch. It wasn't too bad, I dug it. Had some nice art too. Haven't tried Power Girl but been hearing good things.

MrWadeWilsonHimself

dINGO

Postby MrWadeWilsonHimself » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:55 am

I'm going to pray Axel Alonso doesn't ask bendis to write a deadpool book. That would make it 8 and I can't afford another bendis ..Hahah..bulshit I only buy a couple :oops:

*and they both suck*

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:18 am

I generally agree. I think that even with the number of titles he's writing, there are a couple good books in there. I'm pretty sure that will continue to be the case.

I wouldn't mind seeing one or two of those go (Ultimate Enemy probably...) if it meant everything else got a little better, but things don't tend to correlate that neatly in life, so whatevs.

Mister Traves

Birdman

Postby Mister Traves » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Dragavon wrote:Again, same exact number of Avengers books. The talent is shifting around, and the books are restarting.

Granted, but even so (and this includes the current set-up), it seems to me that the more titles puts under the auspice of a given franchise (be it Avengers, X-Men, Justice Society, or anything else), the more one runs the risk of dilluting the franchise itself.

Besides, in the case of Avengers, perhaps I'm being far too romantic about the idea, but it just seems that the team should be the cream of the crop, not just the first of several such titles. Even if the team itself has the best of the best, the fact that it is only one of several titles to bear the name Avengers seems, to me at least, to take away some of the "harumph", as it were.

Chubbles

Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:24 pm

I like Bendis but i'd like to see some new guys take on the avengers. Maybe some will suck but at least it's a different perspective.

leave a comment with facebook