Advertisement

Why did none of you yahoos tell me...

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 59 posts

Re: Why did none of you yahoos tell me...

Postby ****** » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:59 pm

chap22 wrote:all i heard from guys like rdrsfn82

This would be the moment where you jumped on the failwagon.

As pointed out by several others not named fourthman, the internets love Nova and have since the beginning. It's not our fault you are just now discovering the joys of Cosmo.

Advertisement

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby JL_Amato » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:28 am

I've been getting it but not really keeping up with it at all.

Once I get all my stuff sorted I'm going to read the whole series.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:09 pm

chap22 wrote:that Nova was so good?

i mean seriously, i bought the first three issues and thought it was solid, then skipped the next 4 based on a decision to pick up Annihilation Conquest in trade form instead, and then after that, all i heard from guys like rdrsfn82 and twoheads and several others of you was how terrible it was, so i just decided not to pick it back up.

but then i figured why listen to you clowns, and picked up the "Knowhere" trade this week. this is good fun stuff! i can't believe how wrong you all were. :roll: now i gotta either wait for the next trade or try and track down 13-15 (which are all sold out at my LCS) so i can catch up, b/c i've finally found another Marvel book i enjoy (probably b/c it's set about 8 trillion light years away from all this Civil War, SHRA, Initiative, and Skrull invasion nonsense).

you should all be ashamed. :smt018

:P :-D

I was out of town all weekend so while I'm sure others have already covered this, humor me.

When I say, "this is the most enjoyable book coming from Marvel right now" or "DnA are doing amazing work with all the space characters, especially in Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy" that means I think it's good. When I say chap22 is a jackass, that means you are a jackass not a cool guy. :P

Chap22 is a jackass. :-D

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:10 pm

amlah6 wrote:This would be the moment where you jumped on the failwagon.

As pointed out by several others not named fourthman, the internets love Nova and have since the beginning. It's not our fault you are just now discovering the joys of Cosmo.

Hey!

I've been championing this book all along. How dare you slander my name. :evil: :-D

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:15 pm

habitual wrote:BAH! I've been saying this for months.

If you think Nova is good, you really need to check out Incredible Herc. It's just a great fun comic.

Hab

Agreed 100%. Herc has been one of the most fun comics on the stands since he took over as the main character. It's fun and even though it ties in with stories it's still holding onto it's own tone. Plus the idea of a bunch of Earth gods going to fight the Skrull gods is kind of genius.

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby ****** » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:43 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:Hey!

I've been championing this book all along. How dare you slander my name. :evil: :-D

I take back what I said and acknowledge your obvious superior taste in comics.

This misunderstanding is Chap's fault. It should serve as a reminder to us all that he is a lawyer and should never be trusted.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand