Advertisement

Why did none of you yahoos tell me...

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Why did none of you yahoos tell me...

Postby chap22 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:47 pm

that Nova was so good?

i mean seriously, i bought the first three issues and thought it was solid, then skipped the next 4 based on a decision to pick up Annihilation Conquest in trade form instead, and then after that, all i heard from guys like rdrsfn82 and twoheads and several others of you was how terrible it was, so i just decided not to pick it back up.

but then i figured why listen to you clowns, and picked up the "Knowhere" trade this week. this is good fun stuff! i can't believe how wrong you all were. :roll: now i gotta either wait for the next trade or try and track down 13-15 (which are all sold out at my LCS) so i can catch up, b/c i've finally found another Marvel book i enjoy (probably b/c it's set about 8 trillion light years away from all this Civil War, SHRA, Initiative, and Skrull invasion nonsense).

you should all be ashamed. :smt018

:P :-D
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 36 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:50 pm

the story is nice, I just can't get past DnA's inability to write dialogue... all their books read like the people think too long before they speak, it ends up being stiff and cold. I think they would do well to plot stuff and then find someone else to actually write it. But that's just my two cents. It took me a very long time to figure out why I didn't like their stuff.

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Re: Why did none of you yahoos tell me...

Postby KING King Impulse » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:17 pm

chap22 wrote:probably b/c it's set about 8 trillion light years away from all this Skrull invasion nonsense).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry Chap

NOVA #16

SECRET INVASION TIE-IN!
At last – our #1 sci-fi hero rockets into the alien invasion saga that’s tearing apart the Marvel Universe! But is our always-outnumbered space cop actually teaming with one of the enemy? When Super-Skrull comes asking for a favor, can you ever trust the warrior whose life was dedicated to destroying us?
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

Moonbeam
Mad Hatter

Postby Moonbeam » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:20 pm

chap22 wrote:that Nova was so good?

i mean seriously, i bought the first three issues and thought it was solid, then skipped the next 4 based on a decision to pick up Annihilation Conquest in trade form instead, and then after that, all i heard from guys like rdrsfn82 and twoheads and several others of you was how terrible it was, so i just decided not to pick it back up.

but then i figured why listen to you clowns, and picked up the "Knowhere" trade this week. this is good fun stuff! i can't believe how wrong you all were. :roll: now i gotta either wait for the next trade or try and track down 13-15 (which are all sold out at my LCS) so i can catch up, b/c i've finally found another Marvel book i enjoy (probably b/c it's set about 8 trillion light years away from all this Civil War, SHRA, Initiative, and Skrull invasion nonsense).

Hate to say I told you so but...

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=153225
- Vaneta Rogers

Moonbeam
Mad Hatter

Postby Moonbeam » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:31 pm

Oh, and since you're listening now, you'd like this one just as much if not more:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=149237

And you do NOT have to read anything before picking it up.
- Vaneta Rogers

Dugan
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Dugan » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:33 pm

chap22 wrote:that Nova was so good?

:x :x :x

I actually thought the Knowhere stuff was the weakest of the series (other than Cosmo obviously) the Conquest tieiins were the best part of Conquest imo and the latest Galactus arc was spectacular (also prepare yourself for one of the best depictions of Galaxtus ever Chap!).

I also loved the Initiative tie-ins though simply for the "I pulled him inside out and saved the universe what have you done lately Tony?". I'm an Iron Man fan but that was still spectacular and much more of a beat down than all the actual beat downs Marvel were throwing his way at the time.

To some up, Chap you suck for not picking this up when we told you about it!

Dugan
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Dugan » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:34 pm

Moonbeam wrote:Oh, and since you're listening now, you'd like this one just as much if not more:

http://forum.Newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=149237

And you do NOT have to read anything before picking it up.

I hearty second to that! Rocket Raccoon is teh shiznit. Although he doesn't have to he may want to pick up Conquest before hand if he wants to avoid spoilers for that or just read it chronologically.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:40 pm

Moonbeam wrote:Hate to say I told you so but...

http://forum.Newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=153225

you didn't tell me shit!

:P ;-)

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:40 pm

Dum Dum Dugan wrote:To some up, Chap you suck for not picking this up when we told you about it!

and you didn't tell me shit!

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:41 pm

Dum Dum Dugan wrote:I hearty second to that! Rocket Raccoon is teh shiznit. Although he doesn't have to he may want to pick up Conquest before hand if he wants to avoid spoilers for that or just read it chronologically.

and for you and V, i probably will pick this up too (b/c i do indeed love RR); i was just waiting until after i can catch up on some cheap trades of Conquest.

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:42 pm

Dum Dum Dugan wrote::x :x :x

I actually thought the Knowhere stuff was the weakest of the series (other than Cosmo obviously) the Conquest tieiins were the best part of Conquest imo and the latest Galactus arc was spectacular (also prepare yourself for one of the best depictions of Galaxtus ever Chap!).

I also loved the Initiative tie-ins though simply for the "I pulled him inside out and saved the universe what have you done lately Tony?". I'm an Iron Man fan but that was still spectacular and much more of a beat down than all the actual beat downs Marvel were throwing his way at the time.

To some up, Chap you suck for not picking this up when we told you about it!

The Galactus arc was my last with the book. I really wanted to see more of him and Norrin. I realise what they were trying to do, Galactus as a natural disaster, murder mystery on a dying planet and all that, but Harrow did nothing for me. I've dropped GoTG as well with Skrulls coming up

The Initiative issues were great because they had Rich reuniting with Vance and Robbie. If Rich interacts with Counter Force while he's back on Earth, I'll get that issue definitely/

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:42 pm

Kid Impulse wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry Chap

NOVA #16

SECRET INVASION TIE-IN!
At last – our #1 sci-fi hero rockets into the alien invasion saga that’s tearing apart the Marvel Universe! But is our always-outnumbered space cop actually teaming with one of the enemy? When Super-Skrull comes asking for a favor, can you ever trust the warrior whose life was dedicated to destroying us?

DAMMIT! why must you crush my groove? :smt076

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:43 pm

When they canceled Captain Marvel, I stopped reading marvel space stuff. Am I really and truly missing out?

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:46 pm

toolverine wrote:When they canceled Captain Marvel, I stopped reading marvel space stuff. Am I really and truly missing out?

PAD's Cap? That had one of my favourite last issues of any comic

Yeah, you're missing out. It's pretty much widely agreed that as far as crossovers go, Annihilation was one of the best in recent memory. I thought Conquest was great as well, even if it didn't live up to the original

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Kid Impulse wrote:PAD's Cap? That had one of my favourite last issues of any comic

Yeah, you're missing out. It's pretty much widely agreed that as far as crossovers go, Annihilation was one of the best in recent memory. I thought Conquest was great as well, even if it didn't live up to the original

Okay, I'll give it a shot... hopefully there are trades.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand