Tuesday, May 24, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Thoughtful analysis of important cultural issues."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Why do many fans seem to want Iceman to be gay?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:48 am

Punchy wrote:Hulkling and Wiccan seem to be fairly popular, and they're gay.

Daken is bi.

Not only are none of these A list characters. None of them are even original. They are all junior versions of established characters.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:48 am

Benderbrau wrote:Not only are none of these A list characters. None of them are even original. They are all junior versions of established characters.


Hey now, Daken is Wolverine.

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:49 am

There is really no basis to pick Iceman. Nothing in the stories justifies it. There's no hint of him hiding something or secret pain or whatever.

But it's the thing they do. Let's make iceman gay because to make someone more popular gay-Cap, Spider-Man, what have you would actually take some balls .

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:52 am

Peter parker is gay. That's why he's shy and his relationships with women never work out. he secretly lusted after Flash.

Johnny Storm is gay. THe womanizer who never gets to close thing is his cover and because he's trying to deny his true nature. He's so buddy buddy with the Thing because he wants his thing.

Tony Stark. Middle aged bachelor? Come on.

You know Cap and Bucky are gay, taking comfort in each other during the cold nights in the fox hole. and why else hang out with a teenage boy?

:roll: You could do it with almost any character, because it's all based on stereotypes and cliches.
User avatar

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:52 am

Man of steel wrote:There is really no basis to pick Iceman. Nothing in the stories justifies it. There's no hint of him hiding something or secret pain or whatever.

But it's the thing they do. Let's make iceman gay because to make someone more popular gay-Cap, Spider-Man, what have you would actually take some balls .

They could make it into a mini called One More Gay

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:53 am

Zelda
Polaris
Opal Tanaka
Annie
Polaris again
Mystique

have been his girlfriends. Only one was Asian :lol:
User avatar

McKegan

Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:53 am

Didn't Iceman bang Mystique? Not that she couldn't have been a guy whilst doing it.

Millar making Electro bi-curious after his time in prison was pretty funny.

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:54 am

Benderbrau wrote:They could make it into a mini called One More Gay


Captain America Reborn indeed.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:54 am

Man of steel wrote:Zelda
Polaris
Opal Tanaka
Annie
Polaris again
Mystique

have been his girlfriends. Only one was Asian :lol:


Mystique could be asian if she wanted, she could be a man, she could be a dog.

Iceman is into Bestiality!

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:55 am

Benderbrau wrote:Not only are none of these A list characters. None of them are even original. They are all junior versions of established characters.


well, is Iceman really A list? Even with just the X-Men, he's kinda C list.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:57 am

Punchy wrote:Hulkling and Wiccan seem to be fairly popular, and they're gay.

Daken is bi.


Calling Daken bi indicates that he actually enjoys both genders. His series has shown that he will sex up anyone, but it's never revealed what his orientation is.
User avatar

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:57 am

Man of steel wrote:well, is Iceman really A list? Even with just the X-Men, he's kinda C list.

He's been A list since Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. And then later the X-Men movies. He may not be in a lot of comic book stories. But people readily know who he is IMO.
User avatar

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:58 am

McKegan wrote:Didn't Iceman bang Mystique? Not that she couldn't have been a guy whilst doing it.
Exactly! Remember, Mystique was supposed to be Nightcrawler's father, so you know Bobby asked Raven to morph a big blue penny to stretch his icehole.

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:00 am

Benderbrau wrote:He's been A list since Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. And then later the X-Men movies. He may not be in a lot of comic book stories. But people readily know who he is IMO.


I dont know if you are A list if you cant even hold your own book or at least be one of the top 4 or 5 members of your team book.

I mean, Firestar is not A list :P
User avatar

McKegan

Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:00 am

Mystique is Nightcrawler's 'father', not mother?

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: achilles, Belle-Tain Summer, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 29 guests