Advertisement

Why do many fans seem to want Iceman to be gay?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 0 post

Postby McKegan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:10 am

AMS wrote:Nightcrawler should be in outerspace with the starjammers being a space pirate. He's wasted on earth.

Yeah, I miss the shwash-buckler Nightcrawler of Excalibur era.

Advertisement

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 598 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 am

Man of steel wrote:Nightcrawler was so happy go lucky swashbuckler

then they made him into a very serious catholic

then he became a priest.

until they retconned that to be a fake

the personality of serious CatholicKurt was very different than the fuzzy elf.

I'm all for him having religion, it's usually worked well for him. But all the priest stuff was crap, and current writers have sucked all the fun out of the character. That's why he could be a funny pirate in outerspace if he was with the starjammers.

Spidey-Man

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 am

Nightcrawler was orginally created to be a member of the Legion of Superheroes (or Substitute Heroes) by Dave Cockrum but he was rejected by DC

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 am

Nightcrawler and Daredevil need to hang out more, they are similar in many ways. Swashbuckly and Catholic Guilt.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1029 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Postby outsider » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:12 am

Man of steel wrote:Nightcrawler was so happy go lucky swashbuckler

then they made him into a very serious catholic

then he became a priest.

until they retconned that to be a fake

the personality of serious CatholicKurt was very different than the fuzzy elf.
That's just writers not being able to grasp a well-rounded religious person (which Kurt was for many years). Having him become a priest was so stupid.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:12 am

cncoyle wrote:That's still not nearly as bad as Geoff Johns having Hank go vaginal spelunking and then say, "Your turn, Jan". (WTF can little Jan do? Does he want Jan crawling inside his peepee hole or his bunghole?)

someone scanned that image here a while ago, that is easily one of the worst things I"ve ever seen. Who really wants to see how these comic book characters have relations? beside Topo of course.

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:12 am

AMS wrote:to be fair a lot of writers would not drop the spousal abuse thing with Pym. They should have just killed him off a long time ago or retconned it out of continuity when they re-aged tony.

I think Bendis too

All the guys who were a certain age when it happened. I guess it was shocking at the time

Pete hit MJ, kinda, during the Clone Saga and no one brinsg that up (and in Spidey III) :lol:

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:13 am

The Punisher sometimes would be shown going to confession even though he didn't believe per se.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:14 am

Man of steel wrote:The Punisher sometimes would be shown going to confession even though he didn't believe per se.

Normally so he can kill the corrupt Priest though.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1029 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Postby outsider » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:14 am

Yikes, reading that Nightcrawler/Legion pitch on his personality, it's a good thing DC rejected it. That would have been a horrible character.
-

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:15 am

Man of steel wrote:I think Bendis too

All the guys who were a certain age when it happened. I guess it was shocking at the time

Pete hit MJ, kinda, during the Clone Saga and no one brinsg that up (and in Spidey III) :lol:

when Hank and Jan left the avengers with Bendis they were together so that's something. It's funny because Bendis has said he doesn't care for Pym and cited that as a reason, but he's always written as a heroic fellow.

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:17 am

Subliminated homosexuality could explain why Bobby's had so many problems with his powers over the years. He looked like Frosty the Snowman In his first appearance and lost his powers after M-Day for psychosomatic reasons. There's something gone wrong in his head.

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:20 am

McKegan wrote:Subliminated homosexuality could explain why Bobby's had so many problems with his powers over the years. He looked like Frosty the Snowman In his first appearance and lost his powers after M-Day for psychosomatic reasons. There's something gone wrong in his head.

I attribute that to the fact that Bobby is the Barry Allen of the Marvel U. He's completely vanilla. Nothing really outrage about the character at all so the writers keep trying to make him interesting and generally failing at it.
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:20 am

Punchy wrote:Normally so he can kill the corrupt Priest though.

not originally. usually the Priest would be shocked at the # of murders and of course, Frank wasnt going to stop or do any penance. But he did confess.

Jess Nukem
cheese

Postby Jess Nukem » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:20 am

Iceman acts like the stereotypical closeted young man, plus people joked that his hair which is brown shows up in other issues as platinum blond. Plus his girlfriend, Cloud in New Defenders was transgendered so that threw people for a loop.
[center]Image[/center]

[center]To the left, to the left.[/center]

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand